The Wednesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Got a 'bad news' call last night, my Uncle died in his sleep quite unexpectedly, so that put a bit of a dampener on things.
Life goes on though (well, not for him, but for the rest of us)!
More Mac stuff with work. I'm having grievances at Firefox at the moment, who don't seem to realise the constant updates are a pain in the ar$e.
Shall try and get out on the bike again tonight, I'm getting better at it, my little 25min loop is slowly getting quicker.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    My sympathies, Mule.

......having to deal with Firefox updates is a terrible strain for anyone.

Mornin' ear-touchers

Wednesday. Soon be the weekend! Which in this case, will be spent doing necessary family s**t - boooooring. I may try and escape Saturday night so I can get back home and a) play with bikes and b) watch the F1.

Before then, I've got a crapload of testing to do, and the sooner I get started, the sooner I make a dent in it. I shall grab coffee en route to ensure I can stay awake till lunch time!

Onwards! To caffiene! And in-depth analysis of.......ahhh, f**k it, you wouldn't be interested - I'm not! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Sorry to hear that mr mule :(

I got my full suss fixed on Sunday after it being stuck in the shed for 3 months, first ride on it last night and it's fecked again!!!!!!! A bolt on the rear mech has sheared off and the rear end that's had all the bearings changed is klunking like mad, back to the shop to sort the suspension and then it's going up for sale!

With the broken spokes on my other bike I'm currently bike less with a day off on Friday to ride I'm extremely peed off today
  • Clank
    Just been informed of a meeting at 9. It haz free bacons!

Day's startin' to look up!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Condolences mr mule.

Today is meh. Got to go to hospital later, consequently I'm going to be grumpy most of the day.

Laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Fuktards,

Condolences KM. Never a nice call to get.

i got shed loads to do, dont want to do any of it. Beautiful morning here, so was planning a nice ride tonight but minion informs me that there is some sort of monsoon on its way :evil:

Coffee is being consumed and i may treat myself to the bacons later.

Dreading going to fill up the car later, i've let it get low, so the light came on. #ohmygodhowmuchispetrolnowadays

Anywhooo
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Sorry to hear that KM, not a great way to start the day...

I seem to remember the shout of POIDH regarding my injuries... So, voila!

Not using my new fangled face brake again, doesn't seem to work all that well...

Think some breakfast is in order and maybe some painkillers, headache seems to be back..
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • angry_bird
    Think it's customary to tell you to MTFU. Looks quite painful though :shock:

Postman's just been, got to say top marks to Hope's customer service. Called them yesterday regarding a broken part in my hub, no questions asked they've sent me a new part which arrived this morning, only about 18 hours since I phoned them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Mule, sorry to hear that & keep your chin up.

For some reason I can't see Foxy's injury pic so I'll just have to believe it anyway. Off into town for supplies and stuff shortly then a trip into London to meet recruitment people again - one day I might actually get a job out of one of these frikkin meetings...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    i sold these forks on ebay 290746296675 and now the guy wants refund! WTF
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I know how this will go, Ebay will tell him to send them back, issue a refund then chase me for the money, god i hate Ebay for this shit. Why would you expect a set of 9yr old forks not to need a service?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Sh1t news mule.

On the bright side, was looking forward to seeing pics of foxc's gash, but no piccies for me too :sad:

Just ordered a DH bike, so i'm happy :)
  • Clank
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Why would you expect a set of 9yr old forks not to need a service?

'Cos the purchaser was a spacktard.

After six weeks, I'd have hoped you'd have been within your rights to say 'make like a Cravendale kitty and jog on'.

• VWsurfbum
    Clank wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Why would you expect a set of 9yr old forks not to need a service?

'Cos the purchaser was a spacktard.

After six weeks, I'd have hoped you'd have been within your rights to say 'make like a Cravendale kitty and jog on'.
    I have just replied again to him saying that he could of done the Megavalanche in that time for all i know, 6 weeks is too long and anyone would service a set of 9yr old forks before use, surly?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Cheers guys and gals. Waiting on an autopsy to find out what happened.

Foxc, picture doesn't seem to be there, but if it's what you posted on twitter earlier, then sexyyyyy ;)

VW, 6 weeks is too long to make a complaint as far as I'm aware, I think eBay say it has to be in 4 weeks (?) I think you have a very good case, he could have done all sorts with them in that time. Just remind him that you know where he lives ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    aware, I think eBay say it has to be in 4 weeks (?) I think you have a very good case, he could have done all sorts with them in that time. Just remind him that you know where he lives ;)

This, that's just ridiculous. Ditch. Head. Backwards.
  • VWsurfbum
    I had to take a breather, a little bit of lunch and calm down, what with work as well, i was getting propper wound up!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty