Trousers

YeehaaMcgee
YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
I'm started to get fed up with this. Decided that since most of my clothes are falling apart now, and because I'm single I can't rely on "the woman" to find clothes for me, that I should go and buy some.
It appears that nobody seems to make trousers that fit big legs - without having clown pants waists.

There has to be others with big legs that need to regularly wear clothes, because of various court orders and suchlike, right? Where do you find them?
Or, should I just get one of those little motorised kebab cutter things, and just trim my thighs down until they fit into "normal people" pants?

Comments

• sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i tend to buy trousers a bit to big in the waist to fit my legs, i think it is one of those things for cyclists.
  • esspeebee
    esspeebee Posts: 174
    For casual use I tend to go for walking/climbing trousers, because they're generally wider in the leg for the same waist size. Everything else I just buy two inches too big in the waist.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    esspeebee wrote:
    For casual use I tend to go for walking/climbing trousers, because they're generally wider in the leg for the same waist size.
    That's what I thought, but, nope. Even going all the way up to 38" waist and the thighs were still tight. Seems that outdoorsy trousers are meant for spindly fukkers.
    I did find one pair of Montane trousers that kind of fit, because they're a little stretchy.

I wonder if I should employ my own tailor to make my clothes for me?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shorts?
    Even better, lycra shorts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Well, I went shopping in my mankini. that was comfortable.
    Well, when I say mankini, I mean the bikini bottoms that the ex left behind. I call them my mankini to defend my dignity.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    i have same problem, i think my work strides are a 38! then they sent me shirts to match, which i can get me and the kids in there with me!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have the problem of being a short-arse, but no longer have a skinny teenager waist but a fat belly of a 30-something (*cough* top end of the 'something' *cough*). It seems you're expected to have stupidly long legs if you're not skinny.
  • try Next.

Literally the only place I can get jeans that fit.
    Reasonably priced and look alright too.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I've had a few clothes from Next over the years, and they've all shrunk, the trousers ending up too shrot making them look like I stole them from Pinocchio.
    And their T-shirts have tiny arms and huge torsos.
  • Ahhh.. I only buy their jeans!
    All my t-shirts come from CRC!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Any one tried the Howies stuff?

Being designed for cycling, you'd hope they have a cycling specific cut to them. They are more expensive then I normally spend but if they fit better than other stuff then I might justify the cost.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Carhartts - tough, decently made, sensibly baggy, lots of pockets and most even have a handy loop to carry a hammer should that float your boat.

Otherwise I find one size up in a 501 fits my legs with decent sag - my thighs are a reasonable size from skiing and biking - but not massive.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • VWsurfbum
    501 fits my legs with decent sag.
    I've not been able to fit into 501's since i was about 13, i'd have to get a massive pair to get my legs in them!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • YeehaaMcgee
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I've not been able to fit into 501's since i was about 13, i'd have to get a massive pair to get my legs in them!
    Ditto - same goes for most jeans really. I think the discovery that rugby was a suitable, school-endorsed, replacement to random pugiliation coincided with jeans not fitting.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Ditto - same goes for most jeans really. I think the discovery that rugby was a suitable, school-endorsed, replacement to random pugiliation coincided with jeans not fitting.
    Yep, 2nd row ruined my legs and my nose :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    VWsurfbum wrote:

To be honest I have just recalled that I have two pairs of 501's I bought last year that are too cosy for comfort - my older ones are a size bigger though and are fine - I think the ones from last year were a "ooh I am losing weight these will be great" moment and then I didnt!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    I have the same issue

Try Lee jeans. The looser fit (Ripley and Clark) tend to fit ok for me. Not cheap, but good quality.

Or wear shorts
  • VWsurfbum
    I got a next voucher, so i will be off to attempt buying some new jeans later in the week.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • YeehaaMcgee
    DCR00 wrote:
    I have the same issue

Try Lee jeans. The looser fit (Ripley and Clark) tend to fit ok for me. Not cheap, but good quality.

Or wear shorts
    I actually have the same problem with shorts - but it seems that there's actually a choice of really baggy ones.
    Not an option here in winter though :lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I even find shorts a challenge, due to my incredibly svelte 29" waist.

For jeans, I've just accepted that I have to go up a few sizes on the waist, because jeans with a 29" waist (or even 30") and 34" legs with sufficiently large leg holes just don't exist, anywhere.
  • DCR00

MTFU

What are you Welsh or something ?

Where it gets proper cold i.e. Scotland, we wear skirts min !
  • YeehaaMcgee
    DCR00 wrote:

MTFU

What are you Welsh or something ?

Where it gets proper cold i.e. Scotland, we wear skirts min !
    I'm not a cross dresser :lol:
    We've had a spate of properly cold winters here, which has been great (I love the cold). It got so cold in fact, that the cd/radio thing in the Golf broke, and never came back to life.
    Also, the toilet has frozen solid a few times at work :lol:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Good call, Sonic. Where would I get a pair of balloon pants?
  • DCR00
    Good call, Sonic. Where would I get a pair of balloon pants?

Sonic's wardrobe :P
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I'll sonic war your drobe in a minute.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    supersonic wrote:
    Can't touch this:

-rSn8DezskGo5hL6OmYUYg2.jpg
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Wow, you just made me feel very old.
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    If they feel tight on the front of the thighs rather than all around then it is because your seat measure is more than six inches greater than your waist. This is often the case for a corpulent figure where the trouser waist is not worn horizontally.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    In plain english?