Portable rollers

1dan
1dan Posts: 7
edited August 2012 in Track
I am looking to get some rollers between now and the start of next season. The big requirement for me is that they are portable, from the point of view of someone who does not drive. I will have to use public transport to get to events but will want to have the same chance to warm up as everyone else so I need to find the right product.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    phwoarr, what about your bike, kit, tools also? Its not practical to use public transport to go to events.
    It takes me three trips from my car usually :D If you mean your going to local events just stick a brake on the front and ride there and borrow rollers off someone there inbetween races sure they would let you borrow.
  • 1dan
    1dan Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Hi oldwelshman

Thanks for your suggestion. I will not be able to choose when I use rollers if I have to borrow when the owner is not riding them, so therefore I DO need my own. Driving is not an option for me at this time (no need for details - just not viable). I am strong willed and it is only a mile and a bit each way (max) from station to most tracks that I would be using, so it is possible if I plan and prepare properly for this to be done even if it is too hard for most.

I am looking at the Tacx Antares rollers and carry case at this time and have posted this thread for people to give me alternative SOLUTION, before I spend my money. Scaling my ideas down is no solution in this case and unfortunately the bike would be unridable with all my kit so putting a front brake on is simply not going to assist in this case. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    1dan wrote:
    I am looking at the Tacx Antares rollers...
    They're quite heavy to lug around.

Take a look at the Minoura rollers which are considerably lighter - the Moz fold in three and there's a case available. Or look at the Kreitler Hot Dog that are very compact.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.