Sherwood Pines Trails

iluvstaffies
iluvstaffies Posts: 34
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello there.

I am very new to mountain biking and haven't even ridden a bike for quite some time but I love keeping fit so thought I would give it a try.

I have been lurking on here for a while so thought it was time for me to just ask a couple of things. I just bought myself a Carrera Valour as this was within my budget and thought it would be suitable for me as a beginner.

I live really close to Sherwood Pines so will be riding up there soon to check out the cycle routes. Is my bike going to be adequate for the beginner's trails? Will I need to buy a better bike eventually when I get a bit better and more confident or can I stick with the Valour? I really like this bike!

Thanks

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Sherwood's trails are suitable for all bikes. Nothing too extreme, still fun though!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Did Kirchener trail 3 times last week while at CenterParcs - really good fun and as Ben says, will be fine with just about any bike - yours will be fine. Have fun!!!
  • Great! Can't wait to get up there and have a go :)

Is the Valour ok for a beginner bike? I know that after reading the posts on here that I probably should have gone for the Vulcan, but it was just over my budget at the moment so thought the Valour would be a decent option?
  • lastwords
    lastwords Posts: 304
    yes the valour is fine my nephew had one for a bit, the fork is what probably lets it down.