Has everyone gone mad?

andy46
andy46 Posts: 1,666
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
I know everyone wants to celebrate Team GB's success in the Olympics, but how much would you pay for a cycling jersey?

This is up to £217 with just over a day to go!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-GB-Londo ... 489wt_1271

Can you not get these any more, and are people falsely thinking that they'll be worth a lot of money in the future?

Maybe I shouldn't wear my 2012 hoodie as much :?
2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• andy46
    I see that Evans only have them in small and Wiggle have none left.

I blame Wiggle :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Nearly as mad as replying to your own threads
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I ve stocked up on Valentino Rossi Ducati memorabilia and I ve pre ordered a 2013 Yamaha world champs T -shirt :D
  • andy46
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Nearly as mad as replying to your own threads

I never claimed to be normal :lol:
    tim wand wrote:
    I ve stocked up on Valentino Rossi Ducati memorabilia and I ve pre ordered a 2013 Yamaha world champs T -shirt :D

Good thinking :wink: it'd be great to see him get a 10th world title, and I hope he does. He'll have his work cut out though.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    You never know Rossi might win another title. Stoner's retired, all he needs now is for Jorge & Dani to stay at home and it's just about possible

In reality, time he retired and stopped taking up good seats me thinks
  • andy46
    I am a huge Rossi fan and nobody can take away what he has achieved and also what he has done for the sport. I think he will win some more races but I'm not sure about another title.

I don't think Yamaha would allow it as they have said that Lorenzo is their number one. I think the only reason that they have took Rossi back is so they can attract a title sponsor. After racing with no sponsor for two seasons I think they need one, and Rossi has that kind of pulling power regardless if he's winning or not.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Rossi is a winner, he wont accept team orders, and I think Lorenzo will be desperate to prove he can beat him without team management intervention.

Fair enough the Yamha doesnt need as much Rossi/ Burgess input and development as the old M1 did, and that was a massive factor that the DR and Jez were never allowed to bring to the table at Ducati (God they missed a trick there)

Hopefully they ll be some rule changes in 2013 which will allow the set up knowledge of those two to come to the fore and Rossi will be back on podiums no doubt.(I take it Burgess is going with him????????)

I also think that Marco's death really did dint his motivation and he will be out to prove he really is the best once again.
  • andy46
    Yes, I believe the whole crew are going with him. I also think Marco's death did affect him (how could it not)

I hope there is some rule changes as the sport isn't as good with all the restrictions on tyres, engines, testing time etc. It was much better between 2003-2010 and even before that back in the 2 stroke days.

Maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses :lol:

I've been going to the British GP since my Dad took me to my first one in '89 but didn't go this year, Silverstone doesn't do it for me.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    It's back up at £500 now.