The Official TFI Friday Morning Thread™...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Friday mornings before a Bank Holiday weekend have a certain calmness to them. I think it's because I know I will get an extra day in the weekend :D
Today I'll find out if my experiments on my macs have worked. If not, there will be pain dished out.

That's pretty much it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Just bought bits to make a bench mounted repair stand...... if it works out ok i will post pics.... if it fails miserably there will be no more talk about it :wink:

brighter day today.... feels like summer is coming!!

enjoy your day
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

long weekend ahoy..woo hoo :D

went for a good ride last night with northern monkey, squarepants and proutster - good to meet you mark. did the CC DH track on my hardtail though, it's confirmed i'm going to get a freeride/downhill bike very soon 8)

not much to do today so i can see an early finish on the cards and some ciders being sunk later.

have a good day all
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' bishop bashers and clam stuffers

Expecting it p**s down over the weekend. Fail.
    But Bacons+bank holiday+bike time regardless of the weather = some win.
    Whether Some Win >= Fail requires investigation!

Just need to get today done and out the way!

Onwards! To caffiene! And further office packing!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

im going to london for a tourisy day out and dinner with my bird.

that is all.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today = bikes etc.

Win.
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Morning,

I'm leaving work early today. Gonna pop over to France for the weekend and get radical on some bicycles.

Unfortunately the weather looks almost as shit as it does here.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning my LBGT friends

tis friday, its a lie in first, bacons second, source bit for the car, tidy house a bit, won't do too good a job coz the bottom feeder needs to know she is still the expert! Then will get some barby food which will be consumed over the weekend under some form of rain protection!

bye y'all
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Well, hello!!

Not wanting to whinge, I'm a little bit tired today..

Up at 5:15am yesterday, left the house at 6:10am, drove to South Wales, two meetings with customers, a great ride around Cwmcarn in the evening with Northern Monkey, Squarepants & Welshkev, drove back up t'North, arrived back at home at 00:10am, still wired from the drive so didn't get to sleep until gone 01:00am :(

Anyway, great ride last night - good to meet NM & Squarepants again and nice to meet you Kev, thanks for the guiding for the natural loop to the top of Cwmcarn - I really enjoyed that.

We finished just in time, didn't we? It p!ssed down from just after you guys left the car-park (whilst I was still faffing) all the way until I crossed the Severn Bridge (I'm sure there's something in there about getting back into England, but I'll leave that one there....)

By the way, don't Starbucks make sh!t coffee!! I'm obviously spolit by Costa - stopped at Michael Wood services on the way home last night to grab something to eat & a coffee, I think they should be done under the Trades Descriptions Act as there wasn't much caffeine in evidence and if that was a skinny then I'm a monkey's uncle - felt like I was drinking Gold Top milk. Hey ho, first world problems and all that.

Hopefully a quiet day today, should be as the boss is still on holiday :D

Y'all have a nice day - d'you hear?
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Friday has finally arrived and I have three hours left to work before heading for ten days off, most of which will be spent around the 7 Stanes, after a wedding do in The Lakes tomorrow night. May get in a quick ride round Whinlatter either side of said nuptials.

Later……
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

It's Friday, and it couldn't come soon enough this week.

Busy weekend doing family stuff this weekend as it's youngest's birthday today.

Might be able to sneak out for a quick ride at some point, weather permitting.

Have a jolly weekend

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    TFI Friday.

That is all.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning Moppers of Jizz.

Thank feck its finally Friday (especially as I thought it was Friday when I woke up yesterday).
    Looks like there shall be no playing on bikes for this week. Had been having issues with my rear mech so decided to get the bike up on the stand last night only to find out that I have bent the cage slightly and since I don't get paid till next I can't get a new one. Anyone think its safe to try bending it back into shape?
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    yay, 3hrs 20 mins to go, not as though i'm counting ....

Bit of bike fettling today ready for some stile cop action tomorrow morning.

Just have to make the next few hours pass as quick as poss. Sure the full english in an hour will help :)

@ cazmotron - got to be worth a try, nowt to lose.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cazmotron wrote:
    Morning Moppers of Jizz.

Thank feck its finally Friday (especially as I thought it was Friday when I woke up yesterday).
    Looks like there shall be no playing on bikes for this week. Had been having issues with my rear mech so decided to get the bike up on the stand last night only to find out that I have bent the cage slightly and since I don't get paid till next I can't get a new one. Anyone think its safe to try bending it back into shape?

i bent my old X9 one back into shape but it was only a temp fix, i had to get a new one not long after. but at least it'll get you out riding this weekend :D
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers,
    It is the start of my birthday weekend, so a few bevvy's tonight, dropping the kids off at the outlaws tomorrow, followed by a trip to the cinema as i still havent seen Batman. then on to a bar/restuarant/club. Sunday is bikes followed by a trip to a new Mexican resturant in town with all members of my family :D . then BH monday i will be at Brands Hatch forcing the rest of my family to enjoy Motorsport! :twisted:

Back to today though, coffee is being drank, "krave's" have been eaten and for lunch will be a dirty great Sausage and bacon footlong :shock:

Anywhoo
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning window lickers.

Finishing work about 3 then off to minehead to visit my girlfriend as she's just moved there for her new teaching job.
    I am bikeless at the moment so not much planned other than a chilled out bank holiday.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning Crudites,

Day off for me with not much to do so baking and cheese cake making it is. Nom.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Indeed 'twas a pleasent journey last night with Kev, Mark and NM.. Good loop of CC and as you say Mark it more or less hammered down as soon I got out the carpark, military timing there..

Today work meh then tomorrow my best mans 30th.. Caveman theme at his house. He's turfing his living room (yes with soil & grass) however because I'm not allowed to cover myself in face paint because "it gets everywhere"

:?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Gimps,

Another 'entertaining and transporting junior' type day plus a bit of hacking at the garden which has grown like a b@stard these last few weeks. At least I've got some tickets for the footy tomorrow, will be the first live game I've been to in a while.

No bikes today but could be worse - just heard from a mate who went to Morzine this week that his entire roof rack (with 2 bikes attached) detatched itself at 75mph somewhere on the French autoroute. Got away with needing a new handlebar for one but the roofrack was a write off so they had to repack the whole car to get the bikes inside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I just got in from a ride on the roadbike pretty pleased though, considering how little I've ridden I felt like I kept a decent enough speed for a couple of hours.

Will go play mountain bikes this afternoon to stop me turning gay.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    No bikes today but could be worse - just heard from a mate who went to Morzine this week that his entire roof rack (with 2 bikes attached) detatched itself at 75mph somewhere on the French autoroute. Got away with needing a new handlebar for one but the roofrack was a write off so they had to repack the whole car to get the bikes inside.
    For 75mph read more like 90.

'Noon Mongs

Off to the forest this afternoon to spend three days walking the dog and generally hooning round showing a friend who usually rides a motorcross bike how fast you can go with pedals and big f**k off lights on the front. Last year he hit a tree and dislocated his shoulder trying to follow. I've been told by the other half not to be so evil this year, which is slightly disappointing.

Anyway back to work for 3 hours.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    afternoon faggots.

Went for a quick spin on sara/zen this morn,christened the new seat(madi flux) with a rasping trump :shock: ,another driving lesson complete, swear im gonna muller a pigeon if they dont move next time too. :evil: and off to cinema to watch somert called "brave" later, ........
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    then BH monday i will be at Brands Hatch forcing the rest of my family to enjoy Motorsport! :twisted:

It's *your* birthday, afterall.

Enjoy the rallycross!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Clank wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    then BH monday i will be at Brands Hatch forcing the rest of my family to enjoy Motorsport! :twisted:

It's *your* birthday, afterall.

Enjoy the rallycross!
    Cheers Bud, Its what my dad used to do to us, and who wouldnt enjoy motor cross?

Anyway now feeling all tired after a trip to the all you can eat chinky instead of the bacon wagon.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello Scuttlers

Mrs Gs friends is staying and brought her 4 month old boxer pup, Bentley, they went out last night and left him to sleep in the kitchen.

I got home at midnight last night And found he'd...eaten half the table cloth, a punnet of strawberries and two packs of schmackos that he'd pulled off with the table cloth, knock over 3 chairs, pull Mrs g's hoodie off the clean laundry and wee on it and nearly burn the kitchen down by jumping up the cooker after my tea that had been left for me and knocking the grill on. He is awesome, probably my favourite thing ever and I want to keep him and save him from a lifetime with that stupid chav name.

Anyway, another long shift today, but last one for a week and a bit
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp