Spesh Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2011 - Rear Spoke, Front Shock

robertcullen48
robertcullen48 Posts: 9
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there,

Anyone got any idea what size spoke I need to order to replace a broken one (and the nipple) for the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2011 on the back wheel?

Here is the tech page in Specialized's archives but it does not give the exact size:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2011/sjfsr/sjfsrcomp#specs

All it says is "DT Swiss Champion 1.8mm (15g) stainless" - nothing about spoke length. Chain Reaction has a bunch of length options, it also says the Champion spoke is 2mm not the 1.8mm the Specialized page suggests.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12628

Also, a little plug has popped out (and got lost) from the top of the Rockshox Revelation RL fork from the same bike. It sat on the top of the right stantion (as you look at it sitting on the saddle) and said something like "2.5 gate" on it and had a little rubber seal around the plug stem. Anyone got any idea what it is for, if riding without it is bad for the fork and where I can get a replacement?

Thanks for the help,
Rob

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Measure one of the spokes that isn't broken.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Or stick the 2 pieces together (if a clean break) and measure right to the end of the thread.
    When I broke a spoke on my rovals (spesh std fit) the specs were a bit misleading regarding spoke diameter, ended up getting them sorted through leisure lakes - my local spesh dealer.
    Nipples should be std dt swiss type, just need to check the length, usually 12mm or 14mm etc.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    It would have said +/- gate which is the floodgate control. Not sure whether it would leak oil without it. I doubt it will though. For a replacement try farnham cycles.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Plug thing is the floodgate cap which is only a problem if its missing if you get water or mud inside. I'd bung the hole with something else.

Also for the record, don't turn the floodgate even slightly past the point where you feel resistance, or you'll snap it inside, i know some idiot who did that :lol: