CTT Hill Climbs

JustinLeeAtkinson
JustinLeeAtkinson Posts: 335
edited August 2012 in Amateur race
Contemplating doing my first one of these - do CTT require helmets to be worn in hill climbs?

Cant see their rules on their website. I may be missing them, or they may be for the handbook which has to be purchased (not by me, I'm not a tester usually)

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    CTT do not require helmets.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    jibberjim wrote:
    CTT do not require helmets.

No, but some organisers can add a SC (special conditions) to the event, that says they are required.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Under 18's NEED to wear a helmet under the CTT rules.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Are you looking to enter an Open event? Closing date is usually around 12 to 14 days before the event and you should be a member of an affiliated club (in which case someone in that club will be aware of most/all of the rules).

Club events are usually EOL and you don't have to be a member of anything. If that's the case you will be riding what's termed a Private Trial.

CTT Regulations are found under Information and are at http://www.ctt.org.uk/Information/Proce ... fault.aspx
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Club events are usually EOL and you don't have to be a member of anything. If that's the case you will be riding what's termed a Private Trial.

that's not strictly correct. but hay ho
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    sub55 wrote:

In what way?

This is the internet, it's almost disappointing not to be flamed.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Surfr
    Surfr Posts: 243
    Simon E wrote:
    sub55 wrote:

In what way?

This is the internet, it's almost disappointing not to be flamed.

I think Paul was alluding to the fact that most club time trials are covered by the CTT and thus are only open to affiliated club members, unless otherwise denoted as 'come and try' events which are open to all.