potential scam in classifieds

neigsy
neigsy Posts: 88
appears a member has sold a number of items in classified road parts and the members who have parted with money have no products. where do we stand as a forum and do we each have to contact police individually? maybe the Team can give us as much info on the "alleged thief" and what to do now.....?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    may i refer you to the posted rules.
    The Classified Pages is a free service offered by BikeRadar for sale of Bikes and bike related items only.

They are NOT responsible for any issues relating to goods not received or money not paid, you are using this section of the forum to sell and buy items, should any problems arise the forumites will be happy to help but you buy and sell at your own risk.

and as far as information i would hope that you have more info than us.

well i would have got more than i have now before parting with any money.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I dont think that nicklouse was suggesting you were responsible simply asking for advice on where to go next, presumably you have a process for online fraud comitted via the bikeradar website? If not good luck with that approach
  • neigsy
    nicklouse wrote:
    may i refer you to the posted rules.
    The Classified Pages is a free service offered by BikeRadar for sale of Bikes and bike related items only.

They are NOT responsible for any issues relating to goods not received or money not paid, you are using this section of the forum to sell and buy items, should any problems arise the forumites will be happy to help but you buy and sell at your own risk.

and as far as information i would hope that you have more info than us.

well i would have got more than i have now before parting with any money.
    "..... the forumites will be happy to help....." this is all i was asking , not for you to give me a lecture on forum rules or solve my problem. thanks oysterkite for understanding the post as it was meant.
  • So the forum Has no protocol for dealing with fraudulent activity? I guess we all contact police seperately then
  • neigsy
    So the forum Has no protocol for dealing with fraudulent activity? I guess we all contact police seperately then
    looks like it, they dont seem to be interested either.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Whats the sellers username?
  • neigsy
    styxd wrote:
    yozzer
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    neigsy wrote:
    styxd wrote:
    yozzer

yozzer28793 , not just 'yozzer' that could be someone else.
  • neigsy
    dodgy wrote:
    neigsy wrote:
    styxd wrote:
    yozzer

yozzer28793 , not just 'yozzer' that could be someone else.
    indeed, i would also like to point out this is "POTENTIAL" as stated in heading.