frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited August 2012 in Pro race
Never played it or wont, just interesting shot:

shopping_25042012_1.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I suspect that may be a track racer. His gears or brakes aren't cabled up and he has a massive right thigh, which is probably the result of racing around left-hand tracks for many years.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    And what is the point of armco barrier on the safe side of the road???
    Half man, Half bike
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ridgerider wrote:

Lol, good point.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Ridgerider wrote:

"Safe Side" my @rse!. Can't you see a fatigued Nico Roche about to spear off into the ditch?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    It isn't perfect, but is still a very entertaning game for a cycling fan. As I was saying to a work colleague earlier, it is always satisfying breaking the peloton to pieces in crosswinds in Qatar or destroying the field on a mountain stage.

The game has come a long way since the very first version god knows how many years ago (which was also entertaining). Some versions have been terrible, but now it is a quite mature series that is less of a worry.
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    Does anyone have this? Recommended as an alternative to football manager?
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Roche isn't tired, he's got a puncture. If the game is any good, the next screen shot will be of John Gadret telling him to eff of when being asked for a wheel :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    mikey2341 wrote:
    Does anyone have this? Recommended as an alternative to football manager?

I've got an old version - '09.

As a computer game it's not great. Seems unnecessarily intensive on the processor etc.

Is fun as for a cycling fan.

No-where near as deep as football manager.

http://pcmdaily.com/forum/index.php

Take a look at their forum.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    On the management side it is pretty weak, even in the most recent version. There are some good features like sponsors changing and now you can take a team from Continental to Pro Continental to World Tour. There are also some websites that provide extensive updates. These include real name databases and race variations. What that means is that you get different stage profiles each year in major races, rather than just racing the 2012 routes every season.

While PCM doesn't have the depth of Football Manager (and never will) it is worth buying.

One of the great things about the game is starting with a weak continental team, where just taking the mountain jersey for a couple of days or getting a top 10 is an achievement. The same with getting someone in a break and actually winning a stage. A few seasons later you are in the World Tour and little things like that aren't important, as instead you are racing for GC in Grand Tours.

For databases and editors, a great website is www.pcmdaily.com
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    Cheers for the replies, I'll have a look at pcmdaily.com, could be a good way to waste a few hours when the dark nights return
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    I recommend the pcm databases that forum users make, they improve the game ten fold. Cyanide are idiots and could do so much better but it''s a step up from no cycling game.