Races in Wales/North West

TheCloud
TheCloud Posts: 42
edited August 2012 in XC and Enduro
Hi all. After a good few years of not competing I've decided to return to xc racing. I've done the Sleepless and Wiggle 6 hr, but I'm really struggling to find many xc races within a reasonable driving distance of where I live (Caernarfon). I used to race most weekends back in the day (lights pipe...) in the NEMBA, Midlands Super Series, and a good few other ones offs as well as Welsh series xc races, however -where have they all gone? Apart from one race in September in Coed y Brenin I can't find much about, it appears the landscape has changed since my old K2 was parked up.
Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The Howies/Coed y Brenin enduro is coming up, and the Devil's Challenge in llanwrtyd Wells.
    Not races, per se, but events like that are usually good fun.
  • TheCloud
    TheCloud Posts: 42
    I'm doing the Coed Y Brenin one; I just thought it was odd a lot of the old race series have died out, suppose if you want to razz round a circuit without worry of someone coming the other way then trail centres are the answer.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I only mentioned those two because I've entered both, after some cajoling from friends. Not sure where else you'd look for information on races.