Accommodation near Scottish Trails?

eigensheep
eigensheep Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Holidays
Hi all!

I realise this is quite a general topic, so any help appreciated. I'm looking at spending time away next month trying out trails in Scotland - mostly the 7Stanes and a few others. I wonder if anyone is able to provide some ideas for cheap accommodation near any of the trail centres below? I'm getting around by train so they'd need to be close enough to the trail and a station to cycle between the three.

The major trails I'm possibly trying are: 7Stanes, Carron Valley, Fire Tower, Laggan Wolftrax and Learnie Red Rock. I've been to Glentress, so expect quality rides at most!

ANYTHING is much appreciated!

Comments

• jackmcd
    jackmcd Posts: 185
    That's a HUGE question and unless you are a balls of steel adventurer a HUGE challenge. Most trail centres in Scotland are not near the train stations that I've noticed - how long are you prepared to cycle between centres, accommodation etc..? Would take a week just to drive round all of the ones you mention - or do you mean you are going to spend a whole actual month doing this...? Epic!

If you don't have a car why not try either a guided tour or just base yourself in a one or two places with plenty to explore..? Ae Mabie Dalbeattie are close together - or Glentress / Innerliethen..?

PS this is handy to get to Glentress from Edinburgh http://www.bikebusglentress.co.uk/ ;)