Dusk till Dawn Thetford

cameroncjgc
cameroncjgc Posts: 19
edited August 2012 in XC and Enduro
Hi anybody want to make a Dusk till dawn team we only need one more person to make a team of three riders.... :mrgreen:

Comments

• Might be interested, because I was considering going solo.. are you local to the forest?
    Henry
  • We live near hadleigh wich is about 30 mins from thetford.
    Just to let you know we are not XC riders. I do allot of mountain biking and i am starting to race, i am in the team with my dad, he dose mountain bike and is fit so this may be fine but if you are a serious rider with lots of experience then you may find that we hold you back.
  • Im not sure id class myself a serious rider, because ive never competed at this level before. But im not bad ;)
    Henry
  • I was considering doing this but was after a bit more info about it. All I can see from http://www.thetfordmtbracing.com/index.htm really is that its at night :) and how much it costs. How is the event set out. Does everyone ride at the same time?
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever.
  • Everyone does, but the teams only have 1 rider at once!
    Henry
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yep it's a relay, laps of about 8 miles (IIRC), mass start behind the quad bike, ride periodically for 12 hours, then stop.

It's brilliant fun in the dry, but horrific in the wet, and it tends to be wet! Must be due a dry one now.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    njee20 wrote:

It's brilliant fun in the dry, but horrific in the wet, and it tends to be wet! Must be due a dry one now.

Last two years have been no fun at all. I'm not going this year. Not really much to do with the weather, more the fact that I have an interview/exam on Monday :roll: shame.

In the dry though I can confirm it is brilliant!
  • well I have the week off after it so think I'll give it a go :) despite that fact it will probably kill me. Getting old after all.

Do you still need a third cameroncjgc?
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever.
  • muddylegs
    muddylegs Posts: 485
    I am available if anyone needs to make numbers up, I would like to experience a dry D2D last one i did was a total wash out.