Helmets

alibabameister
alibabameister Posts: 100
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Howdi,

I was sat in the pub at peaslake yesterday, and just happened to notice that my helmet had a rather large deformation to it, upon closer inspection it hard a massive crack accross the polystryrene. I'm not quite sure when it happened, but must have done the job when ever it was.

Think I might be in the market for a new one, what can people recommend etc
Would like something fairly cool but think quality and protection might be a good thing

Thanks

Alastair

Comments

• Just try on as many as you can at your budget. Buy the one that fits your noggin the best.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    edited August 2012
    Basically you want one that has as much of the interior in contact with your head as possible. Try not to be swayed too much by retention systems they can make a fundamentally badly fitting helmet seem OK. Helmets without a retention system either fit or they don't the extra pads in the box make little difference.

For starters I would have a look at Fox Flux/Striker or 661 Recon. Giro Hex/Xen/Xar/Feature also.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Just try on as many as you can at your budget. Buy the one that fits your noggin the best.

That
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Just try on as many as you can at your budget. Buy the one that fits your noggin the best.
    +1, it doesn't matter if its £30 or £130, they still have to pass the same safety standards
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011