Cannondale Flash F1 - My new baby

DaveHudson
DaveHudson Posts: 290
edited August 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Morning all,

A couple of months ago I sold both the road bike & mountain bike intending on having a year off and trying to focus on spending some time and effort on my old BMW that was sat in the garage covered in dust. I couldn't find the enthusiasm for the car so decided to sell that on a bit of a whim :lol:

I had promised myself I'd buy a nice bike by the end of the year anyway and by selling the E30 it brought that purchase forward by a good few months.

Looked at a couple of different bikes, Trek 6900 & Whyte 810 were looking like possible purchases then I visited a local Cannondale dealer with a mate who knows them well.

We discussed my needs and the very nice gent in the store suggested the F1, but the price was wayyyyyyy over what I wanted to spend. Being a 2011 model he done a healthy bit of discount and I really couldn't say no! :twisted:

53f5345e.jpg

75eb8fbd.jpg

00b58bba.jpg

ffc0917a.jpg

8288e4c7.jpg

I absolutely love it! The lefty is a little bit of a new experience, more from a "Nuts, where's the other leg gone!" but it's super smooth and no noticeable flex with my oversized arse on it.

Changed the saddle for a SDG Ti-Fly, Grips for Cannondale 3 lock ons and fitted some Avid matchmakers just to tidy the bars up. Oh and the photos were taken when I had just got home with it so I hadn't fitted the XT spds I'd bought at the same time, Those hideous pedals have been filed in section 13 (Our work code for the bin)

Current weight on my poverty spec ebay fishing scales was 23.14lb

Just need to do some miles now to justify the purchase and get me down to my ideal weight. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very nice dale u have there, any plans on upgrades yet :)
  • DaveHudson
    Nothing really planned yet, I'll keep my eyes open for anything interesting that comes up for sale. Keep looking at tubeless kits but think thats more due to it being "the cool thing" to do. :oops:
  • Anonymous
    I said that and £1400 later on upgrades lol
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looking good, I know what you mean about the lefty fork, I think that would flummox me too! Not 100% convinced by the tubeless tyres, to be honest it sounds like it could be a pain. I'll wait until some of my mates do it and see how they get on first I think!

And as Raceface GT says, I bet you can't leave it alone, it's quite addictive adding shiny bits to bikes...
  • Tintin rize
    Tintin rize Posts: 262
    Any chance ya wannag get rid of the lefty for me lol
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • DaveHudson
    Paul, I'm struggling to buy anything I need but there are plenty of bits I want :lol:
    Let me know how your mates get on with a tubeless conversion, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

Tintin, Errrrrr Nope! :twisted:
  • Tintin rize
    Tintin rize Posts: 262
    DaveHudson wrote:
    Paul, I'm struggling to buy anything I need but there are plenty of bits I want :lol:
    Let me know how your mates get on with a tubeless conversion, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

Tintin, Errrrrr Nope! :twisted:
    Haha would off look nice on the rize :P
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • emseens
    emseens Posts: 146
    Any chance ya wannag get rid of the lefty for me lol
    May be i can "get rid" of my lefty, or full bike ;)
  • Paul 8v
    Dave, just noticed your in sunny Tiptree, small world!
  • DaveHudson
    Nothing sunny about Tiptree lately :)

Didn't notice your location till you mentioned mine, If you see a small fat man wheezing around on the above bike, Feel free to hurl abuse :D
  • Paul 8v
    Haha, I'll probably be wheezing myself but I'll give it a go!
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Looks superb. I have always loved the look of the F and Flash frames..
  • DaveHudson
    Wanted to test out my new workstand today so popped the F1 out for some pics. :D

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Got some (badly fitted - rushing) crankguards on and some helitape/patches on the frame just to protect things. Needs a couple of coats of zaino CS sealant to prevent mud sticking now. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Nice 8)
    Zaino good detailing products mine got 2layers of dodo juice hard candy :wink:
  • Nice ride bud. Loving the black/white scheme. Those Lefty forks are great to look at they just look "wrong" like they would snap and kill you on the first curb drop LMAO! (Obviously not the case of course) how do they compare with models from Rock Shox/Fox etc? always was curious but never bumped into anyone while out riding who had some to ask.

Thanks.
  • DaveHudson
    It rides really well, The fork seem plenty strong enough for my oversized arse :lol:

Super smooth and doesn't feel at all flexy to me. My mate borrowed a carbon flash from the same store I got mine from and took it over to Danbury trails near us and said it was great. He rides harder than I ever have so am confident the Lefty fork is up to the task :D