Alfa Racing at Mallory Park

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
I know a few of you like the videos so here's my Race 1 (*swearing alert* as I get hit at the hairpin on about lap 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CO9SYSZsvI

I had a good weekend - 2x 3rd place podiums and fastest lap of the day (55.9s). It's a bloody fast circuit averaging 87mph and unforgiving if you get it wrong (friend made a mess of his car after losing it exiting Gerrards - long sweeping Right-hander). I'd never raced there before. Damage to my car wasn't serious but unnecessary.

Race 2 tomorrow
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Bit of a hopeful dive-bomb, wasn't it?

I've been round Mallory a few times and your right, the walls do seem very close! ;)

Looks like a cracking series you race in there, nice mix of cars.
  • meanredspider
    Peat wrote:
    Bit of a hopeful dive-bomb, wasn't it?

I've been round Mallory a few times and your right, the walls do seem very close! ;)

Looks like a cracking series you race in there, nice mix of cars.

To be fair, he came straight over to apologise after the race - saying he'd just outbraked himself and wasn't even trying a pass.

Yup - it's also the speeds - must be exiting Gerrard's at around 100mph - I got a wheel on the grass in quali - that will quickly spit you into the inside barriers.

Yup - very friendly bunch of like-minded Alfisti
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Well done fella, looks like you had a barnstormer of a weekend!
  • meanredspider
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Well done fella, looks like you had a barnstormer of a weekend!

Thank you. Yes, a lot of fun and very pleased with result
  • Some nice driving there and sure looked fun
    Only been to Mallory once as a marshal and was posted at Gerrards in. Had some very brown pants when an old ASCAR decided to try flying towards our post. :shock:
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Well done. Looked quite lonely after you'd escaped the too close attention of the 33.
    The brought back not so pleasant memories from when I stepped in as last minute replacement spanner man for a friend racing at Mallory. Famous last words were "Don't worry, you probably won't have to do anything." He went out for the first race and didn't even make it to the grid. Electrical fault cut the ignition. I hate electrics and this thing had the most horrific lashed up loom. Eventually got it going by being very naughty and bypassing the kill switch and just about everything else.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well done. Looked quite lonely after you'd escaped the too close attention of the 33.

Yup - race 2 was more interesting from that point of view.