Liverpool to Manchester Commute Route

nibby
nibby Posts: 246
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
He everyone

does anyone do a commute into Manchester City Center from Liverpool and what route do you take?

I was thinking of the East Lancs road but dont really fancy that in rush hr. Any other alternatives?

cheers

Comments

• lancj1
    lancj1 Posts: 38
    I cant say this with 100% confidence but the stretch of the Lancs I ride up and down around St Helen's has a bike path on the Southern side of the road that's well surfaced. Wonder if its the full length ? I have also seen folks jogging down various stretches towards Manc so I reckon you could do it without actually riding the E Lancs. I wouldn't fancy that either
    Btwin Triban 3
    Giant Boulder '08
    Raleigh Jackal MTB '95 - Gas Pipe Commuter
  • nibby
    Thanks. Yes I think it does go all the way but I'm on a fixie or road bike so not really ideal hopping on and off the kerbs. I tried it last year early Sunday riding to the Trafford Center but got fed up after 5 mins and decided to take my chances on the EL which was just about ok on Sunday morning but wouldnt fancy it at rush hour.

I think there is a route via Runcorn on the Trans Pen. so might take a look at that.

Pity really as it would be a good training.
  • lancj1
    lancj1 Posts: 38
    Have a look at- http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/Jo ... Input.aspx - I never knew it was there
    Btwin Triban 3
    Giant Boulder '08
    Raleigh Jackal MTB '95 - Gas Pipe Commuter
  • nibby
    Great stuff. Thanks for that. Just checking it out now.