Roads

djfleming22
djfleming22 Posts: 116
edited August 2012 in Commuting general
Just watching some of Olympic road cycling on TV... the first thought of jealousy then came in was not look at those beautiful bikes that they are riding or even the bright coloured jerseys but the bloody smooth roads that they are riding....how come the roads that we ride are good enough for us hard paying tax payers but not good enough for the Olympians.... hopefully Mr MP out there might have a look at building some nice smooth roads instead of big bloody stadiums, stupid statues or another pointless bridge in Stirling and when will the National Lottery see our roads as a good cause as the councils don't seem to be bothering there arse.... all the MPs are interested in is a commemoration plaque up about what they have built so start by building some descent roads and by all means put up plaque at the side of the road and we will all sign it .... rant over

Good luck Great Britain

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    That was pretty ranty. Good work.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    That reminds me. I saw a pothole yesterday that was so deep I could hear didgeridoos from it... now, if I could only remember where it was I'd report it.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    There's a giant one near the bottom of Plough Road in Battersea which could swallow a bike whole...woe behold the unfortunate sod that misses that one.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I suffered a double pinch-puncture in a pothole at the Wandsworth end of Putney Bridge Rd a couple of weeks ago; its still there. We really should report them at www.fillthathole.org - to protect others. That's my new resolution (I know its August not January!) - start reporting bad potholes. There, I feel better now!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • djfleming22
    djfleming22 Posts: 116
    I reported some pot holes were i ride .... yes they did fill them in with that gravel stuff ..... 2 things have happen they put to much stuff in it instead of being a whole i now have an extra hill to go over and i have to put my head down when a car goes as all the gravel hits you.........were do they get these muppets from... the house commons me thinks
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I've been reporting a series of potholes on my road for 2 years. I've done it via FillThatHole and directly through the council but they'd not been out once to do anything about it. The council's website says they will fill anything reported to them within 5 days.

In the end I wrote a paper letter to the head of that department at the council with all the dates I'd reported them and they were filled within a week of posting the letter :mrgreen:
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    The thing is thistle, if a pothole is reported then the appropriate council/body has a finite period of time in which to fix it. IF they don't fix it and another cyclist/pedestrian/whoever claims damages it can be proved that the council body have not responded to the original complaint and are therefore liable.

Which means our council Tax goes up...... doh!!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"