morning Barry (Tuesday)

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Scuttlers

This message comes to you from Barry island add I've been at work since half 3.

Back yesterday from the most middle class festival I've ever been to, and crawling with sprogs, was cool though, got to see Rolf, Michael Winslow, the happy Mondays, Jimmy Carr and
. Also got asked by our camping neighbour to help his 16 year old daughter as "she had never had a pop up to deal with before, and it was her first time and I seemed to know what I was doing, would I help her pack it all in?" I mean it was tight, and I had to folks it a couple of times, but eventually it was all in and she was happy, then we packed away her tent. It was also good to see so many middle class people in such denial about how much swearing their little angels knew, especially when Rufus hound said c#nt at half 11 in the
. Was also excellent to see Howard Marks reading jack and the beanstalk to kids, and telling them the importance of changing their identity. He them asked them the moral of the story, one girl said "its good to be a criminal" he just chuckled and said "if only they knew".

Today will see work done by 11 so got to unpack the car and get some washing done and by some Olympic tickets for the footy Saturday, off tomorrow so might go for an early ride
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Its like Hugh Phamism from the VIZ is describing his camping trip here :lol:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Barry Island - isn't that..... Welsh.....ish?
    Peter
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Another good ol' British summer day today, I see.

I need:
    1) Bacons
    2) Coffee

Onwards! To coffee! And work-based drudgery!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i've woken up this morning with what can only be described as half a cold...i feel like crap with a bit of a sore throat and headache, i hope it doesn't get any worse as i'm supposed to be riding tonight and doing skyline on friday at afan.

ah well, today i have a day of breathing my germs over people and trying to learn how to use some new management software.

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    meh

after yeserdays work & study fest - today is similar. Great
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Been up since half 3 with thing 1, slow ride to work. Now it's nap time.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    TODAY WILL BE A SH*T DAY.....

So far:

Argument with Mrs A...
    Argument with a client...
    Disagreement with the boss..
    Argument with Mrs A again... and its only 9 o'clock :x :roll:
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    morning homos.

Back at work this morning. BAH!

Laters
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Well it's raining and a ride this evening seems unappealing as I still feel battered.

Got to buy insurances for hols so a morning on line is on the cards

Hope you like the piccys of last weekend might inspire some of the doubters that a Cruddy weekend is a good thing
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Bacon farming. It's raining. Still, better than last week though. Was nice for riding but made it a nightmare on the farm. Got a few pigs to cull out later, I've been informed one of them is a fucker that tried to take a chunk out of my leg :twisted:

Hopefully new computer will turn up today too.

Laters
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Morning lickers of the window,
    Richie63 wrote:
    Well it's raining and a ride this evening seems unappealing
    Me too mate, was going to bring the bike with me this morning but CBA as it was raining.
    Richie63 wrote:
    as I still feel battered.

How's it feeling? Like you've played 80 mins of rugby? As a Hooker? With limes & string?
    Richie63 wrote:
    Hope you like the piccys of last weekend might inspire some of the doubters that a Cruddy weekend is a good thing

It was such a good thing that it now feels very much like "after the Lord Mayor's show" - what is there to look forward to now in my shallow life?

I think I'm going to have to do some internet shopping to fill the void in my life - time to convert the SX Trail to a dedicated downhill sled by removing the granny, front mech & shifter, fit a close-ratio cassette and a proper chain device.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Proutster wrote:
    Morning lickers of the window,
    Richie63 wrote:
    Well it's raining and a ride this evening seems unappealing
    Me too mate, was going to bring the bike with me this morning but CBA as it was raining.
    Richie63 wrote:
    as I still feel battered.

How's it feeling? Like you've played 80 mins of rugby? As a Hooker? With limes & string?
    Richie63 wrote:

It was such a good thing that it now feels very much like "after the Lord Mayor's show" - what is there to look forward to now in my shallow life?

I think I'm going to have to do some internet shopping to fill the void in my life - time to convert the SX Trail to a dedicated downhill sled by removing the granny, front mech & shifter, fit a close-ratio cassette and a proper chain device.

And lots of body armour!
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Yes after seeing the state of your armour after your off, I've decided to invest in another pressure suit myself.

How does your car smell now? Still smell like a pikey campsite?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon losers!
    Last day off work for me today, so I'm making the most of it as much as possible. So far, I've watched a film (Limitless - pretty rubbish film really, there are loads of flaws in it. Wish I had a couple of those pills though!) and now I'm about to go and fettle on 3 bikes! Moving tyres round between old and new, adding a granny ring to the Blender, taking the granny ring off the V-Brake and turning it into a nice commuter and adding orange decals to the pikes. I may even throw some tidying of the bedroom into the equation, but I have priorities.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    What a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite day.

Had to read/fill/sign the paperwork for my new job, all 89 pages of it.
    Now about to sort the month's wages for the minions.
    Then getting a train at 15:08 to fetch my car from the garage, 62 miles away, where I had to leave it when it broke down on Friday.
    I will return home this evening £364 poorer with no shiny new bike bits in hand, which is definitely a lose/lose situation.

Such a waste of a day off. I wish it was Christmas just so I could say 'BAH HUMBUG!'
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Cockjanglers and Tards,
    Minister of Chaos has left the building so now i can relax for a few minutes before getting on with Audit prep :roll: Gah!
    It is pretty cack outside so tonights ride is less than apealing ~Gah!
    No lunch yet~Gah!

No sign of dry trails in the near future ~ Gah!!!!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Todays productivity = 0
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    afternoon bawbags

still off work. So far today I have done heehaw apart from eat bacons and watch Sundays DH. Might head in to town for a bit if I can motivate myself enough
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon Jizz Moppers,

Been dossing round at a mate's house (who signed off ill for a few weeks and as bored as me), supping coffee and talking crap. Now going off for a swim to get some much needed exercise - am still seriously unfit after the lack of biking over the last 6 weeks. Still, plenty sport on the box - beach volleyball again this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning again

Had a lovely sleep this afternoon and now I'm up and awake, Mrs G and her sis are going to see sister act the musical and man child is out at a mates playing computer so this means a wank and takeaway marathon for me (must remember not to order anything with chillies) tickets ordered for Olympic kick ball too, going to weekend quarter final on Friday and mens on Saturday, depending on results, they could be GB team for one, neither or both
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Today is my Friday = win.

Got to make it through the day (currently lunchtime in BC) = lose.

Currently treading water with little to do waiting for 4.30.

Plan of attack for days off - yoga, yoga, dh ride until late (late opening in the bike park tomorrow), catch up with a mate, then probably lie in, dh ride, yoga. Beer and whatever else chucked in the mix for giggles too.

Hoping to see parts from CRC by end of week to fix trail bike though its too freeking hot to ride uphills at the moment.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.