Chain reaction cycles getting there name out there

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Seems like chain reaction cycles are getting there name out there.... Was just havin a look on the iPhone at some apps and it looks like crc have a cycling game also last night on itv4 there was a program dedicated to bikes had a lot of info and is going to be on every week also the sponsers are crc for the programe.... Keep it coming !
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Just the other day I was me thinking the world's largest online bike retailer needed more exposure.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yep they even advertise in German and Swedish.

and did you miss the Wiggle adverts?

and getting their name out there! try getting out a bit they are already out there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The cycle shows logo looks very similar to CRC's.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's a really sh1t programme though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Crc are the sponsers for the programe
    Sorry I didn't study the tv that much to look for adverts
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• sigorman85
    It's is a poor programe but is there any think else

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yeah, billed as Top Gear esque, but it is more Saturday Morning Kitchen omelette challenge!
  • cooldad
    I'm not much of a roadie, but a couple of questions to someone like Merckx and a load of waffle from some aging popstar about how he got into cycling because he liked the fashion.
    Walkers.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Hahahha yeah was a bit strange the game on the iPhone is a bit poor .......I think that was the 2nd episode and I wa told the first one was more about mtb and the gear ....prob worth a watch next week tho

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    sigorman85 wrote:
    and I wa told the first one was more about mtb and the gear

Someone lied to you. It was jolly back slapping about some bloke winning a Paul Weller look-a-like contest whilst riding a bike with some Manx bloke continually expressing his bromance for some other Manx bloke. Creepy.

There was some Scot and a hipster fixie-riding looking dude pedaling like hampsters. Weird.

A Karl Pilkington look-a-like did 'An Idiot Commutes' piece. The fact that Gervais didn't feature was the shows only redeeming feature. Bemusing.

Spurn it.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I saw it last night and wasn't impressed - the coverage of the Mega was rubbish and it seemed more about fashion and roadies than an all-encompassing bike programme :(

The Wiggle ad also annoyed me for some reason. Obviously I was just in a bad mood :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • cooldad
    miss notax wrote:
    I saw it last night and wasn't impressed - the coverage of the Mega was rubbish and it seemed more about fashion and roadies than an all-encompassing bike programme :(

The Wiggle ad also annoyed me for some reason. Obviously I was just in a bad mood :lol:
    I blame Wiggle.
    Or girl stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Like a broken nail or something, obviously.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    cooldad wrote:
    Did you just decide to play with fire and then quickly extinguish it before getting caught?!
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    The first show was not very good, last night's was an improvement. Going to be hard to please everyone but if we want a show about cycling it will need support!

What they didn't mention about the mega was that the woman that did it was on for a podium place until she double punctured, then placed in top 50 in men's race.

It's going to an hour long format from mid August, hopefully that will be a positive step!
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • cooldad
    Woody80 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Did you just decide to play with fire and then quickly extinguish it before getting caught?!
    No I just thought you juvenile buggers would jump to conclusions.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Shackster wrote:
    It's going to an hour long format from mid August, hopefully that will be a positive step!
    maybe then they'll be more than 5 secs of Mtb action.
    From all the photos they took and stuff of the mega, they only showed a very small part of what they did.
    and if anyones interested in that chick her profile is open on facebook :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    nicklouse wrote:
    Are you talking abotu the languages, or the car parts suppllier?
  • if it was an hour they could have done a proper job than just snippets
    I can ride my bike with no handlebars...no handlebars... no handlebars
    and i can split the atom of a molecule... of a molecule... of a molecule
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    CRC advertise in US and Canada bike mags too. Nukeproof ads pretty common too. I just ordered a few bits from CRC to see how delivery to Canada works out - they quote 5-7 days so we shall see, dispatched on Friday apparently.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • I got free delivery to Austria a few months ago from them, and my order had only been like 90 pound or so. Win.
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    and if anyones interested in that chick her profile is open on facebook :lol:

stalker -.-
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    Are you talking abotu the languages, or the car parts suppllier?
    I wondered who would spot that....

not the car parts,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    CRC advertise in US and Canada bike mags too. Nukeproof ads pretty common too. I just ordered a few bits from CRC to see how delivery to Canada works out - they quote 5-7 days so we shall see, dispatched on Friday apparently.

Well just to blow the CRC trumpet a little more - Ordered set of cranks, grips and a spare non drive bolt from CRC last Thursday afternoon BC time - despatched by CRC on Friday, arrived today - 7 days exactly, free postage, half the price of my local bike shop (for the cranks at least).

Nice job!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.