Bike rack for mini countryman

miguel73
miguel73 Posts: 28
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know if there are any bike racks that fit a mini countryman, don't want a roof rack type and don't really fancy shelling out £400 for the proper mini bike rack

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Isn't it a van type thing?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • miguel73
    No it's a bike rack
  • bowden769
    bowden769 Posts: 143
    lol

i am going to get this http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehi ... -bike.html
    I have not a mini tho but u can check what cars it fits

they seem good and have very good reviews
  • cooldad
    Funny I thought it was a cartoon van.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Either get a proper car or look at a towbar and tow bar racks.

I hate the new mini and the cuntyman is an abomination.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Mini is bad, the Clubman worse, but they surpassed themselves with the 'Maxi Cuntryman'.....guess you have dark tinted windows so no-one knows your driving?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bowden769
    does it mater what car he drives?

he only asked for ideas to what rack is good and reliable
  • miguel73
    It's a free car with a petrol card so couldn't give a fuck what it looks like......anyone know what how much a gallon of fuel is these days??.......actually forget that, because that's another question which wont get a sensible response
  • miguel73
    Thanks Bowden, had a look at the Saris but couldn't find any mention of it fitting the mini. Think I'll have to go and try one first
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Of course it matters what car he drives if he wants opinions for a rack for it. As far as o know it has barn doors on the back so a standard rack may not fit so I suggested the tow bar option. I also gave my opinion of the car but he can feel free to ignore that as it's only my opinion.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cooldad
    My original post was suggesting put the bike inside. In a round about kind of way.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bowden769
    miguel73 wrote:
    Thanks Bowden, had a look at the Saris but couldn't find any mention of it fitting the mini. Think I'll have to go and try one first

If you scroll to the bottom you can select ur car model ect
  • bowden769
    cooldad wrote:
    My original post was suggesting put the bike inside. In a round about kind of way.

not a bad idea really seing as they are quite big :)
  • miguel73
    Yeah went through the list/menu thing on the site but the 2012 model wasn't listed, it only went as far as the 2010 version of the mini
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    A colleague has the official mini rack - its pretty nifty, but £400 is an awful lot for a bike rack. But hey if the car was free...! :-)
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    miguel73 wrote:
    Yeah went through the list/menu thing on the site but the 2012 model wasn't listed, it only went as far as the 2010 version of the mini

Is there a physical difference between them? I dont think there is.
  • bowden769
    waby1234 - £400 is a lot for a rack lol

miguel maybe you could ring you a local saris stockiest, god i sound like i work for them (i dont btw!!)
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If its not your car then a muddy bike inside seems the most sensiible option. I used to treat my company car like a skip, never washed it, learned to do handbrake turns in it and spun the wheels up whenever I could.

Petrol was cheaper back then (I seem to think people went blockading fuel depots because it was a pound per litre - :shock: ).
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.