Lock On Grips Advice. Which Ones?

Darkstalker420
Darkstalker420 Posts: 212
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi have some Gusset B*stard grips at the moment however they spin on the bars AND forever move down the bars during riding (tried spray adhesive/hair spray the lot :D . This is really annoying as i ride with my hands on the very edge of the bar and end up with dead pinkys LMAO!

I'm looking for some lock on grips to counter the spinning/moving BUT if possible only locking on the inner part (the Gusset grips had a plastic bar end wedge/clamp thing on the outer part of the grip and i had to remove this as it to was giving me dead hands :roll:).

Prefer black (NO white!)....... Maybe with red locking clamps (oh god the red thing has started LMAO! :lol:). And something reasonably hard wearing.

Thanks.

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Anything ODI

Rogue for big hands/gravity
    Xtreme for gnar-tech
    Ruffian good all rounders
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstars - not hard wearing, but cheap.
    And sounds like your bars are too short.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Pro and specialized grips only use one clamp and I guess you could put that either inside or outside.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Bontrager X-Lite grips are decent. You have to be careful with the bolts but I've found them to be hard wearing and comfortable and they come in black with a red lock ring. There are a few others as well like the Pro Atherton grips but I have no experience of them.

Doesn't sound to me like bars are too short though, some people just grip the bars on the edge, I do, it puts annoying holes in my gloves but it's how I prefer my hands to sit.
  • Hmmm never thought about the bars. Think they are 711mm. These ones:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=19258

Just a bit of a habit riding with the ball of my hand on the end of the bars. However would make sense if the were wider. *goes off to look at wider bars.

Thanks.
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Could go radical and try these - meant to be very good

http://www.biketart.com/17985/products/ ... grips.aspx
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012