London

Fresh60mmForks
Fresh60mmForks Posts: 31
edited September 2012 in Routes
Looking for some off-roading routes/place. Doesn't have to be a route, it could be a park or a forest that's muddy and hilly that I can play in lol!??

Any idea?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    London is a big place. Nothing much central, plenty around the edges - Surrey Hills, Swinley etc. Depends where you are and how you'll get there.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    London is a big place. Nothing much central, plenty around the edges - Surrey Hills, Swinley etc. Depends where you are and how you'll get there.

I'm in SE London (Lewisham). 6.5 miles from Victoria

I'll cycle there and spend the day out......?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Dorking or Westcott are good for Surrey Hills and Ranmore. Bracknell (Martins Heron station) for Swinley. I think the trains leave from Waterloo.
    Have a look in London Calling in Rides for rides arranged at both places
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Totaly agree with cooldad. For best fun you have to outside London(unfortunately). As I live in central London, there is not much to do there. You can have some fun in Richmond park, Wimbledon common park(some nice muddy trails :) ), Hampstead Heath - nice place. You can try Epping forest or lee Valley park but going as far you can go to Swinley forest(trains from Waterloo) -- Great place - everything you might want, wide tracks, single tracks (easy to moderate), Downhill if got what it takes and machinery :)))

Have fun !
  • How about somewhere near or outside of north London? That's where I live.