Bottom bracket noise!

Damo152003
Damo152003 Posts: 24
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi just bought a bike giant anthem 3 2007 model ment to have had a new B/b fitted which it looks new but sounds rough as anything, If i remove the chain and spin the pedals crank arms its sounds horrible! Any ideas?
Cheers guys!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Any play?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Damo152003
    yes just checked only little from the cog side and seems to be at 9 and 3 o clock position? Stange how iv been told there only a month old. I just hope there is no other problems which could cause this! Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Damo152003
    Just removed it its a race face rsx now when i removed it the side opposite the cogs it wasnt very tight in comparrison to the side with the cogs, Would that cause the premature wear as they might have been a little play from the word go and put strain on the other side?
    If that makes any sense lol.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not very tight, or loose? Not very tight wouldn't cause an issue, loose could.

Not very tight is only a long term issue as it probably means 'loose' soon!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.