Clicking in top gear, Sram Rival. Any ideas?

danny7060
danny7060 Posts: 13
edited July 2012 in Workshop
I've only had my bike a few weeks and it's started to jump, click in the top gear. Ribble Gran Fondo with Sram Rival. It only does it in this gear. I have cleaned and made some minor adjustments via the L and H screws and the adjustment nipple to no avail. Probably just messed up my shifting completely.
Made a video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqI3EfLeNFc&feature=plcp

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I would look closely at the chain as it tracks over the small sprocket, not the jockey wheels - it could be a protruding chain pin catching on the sprocket or the chain link. Also look down on the rear mech from above - the mech cage should be perfectly vertical
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • danny7060
    thanks, the chain is catching on the small sprocket. I don't think the rear mech is perfectly vertical. Is it just a matter of manhandling it or is there some adjustment?
  • danny7060
    looks like it's my fault. I brought the bike with the itm wheels then swapped them out for my Fulcrum 5's. I think I swapped the cassette a bit quick and didn't do a very good job. Doh! In process of re-fitting now.
  • danny7060
    Hasn't solved it. I'll have to visit my LBS before I completely ruin my shifting. :0(
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Which chainring is the chain on when this happens? If it's the small one then there's a simple solution - don't use that gear.
    More problems but still living....