Superstar floating rotors and avid elixir r compatability

DaveHudson
DaveHudson Posts: 290
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
As title really, I've just purchased a new bike that has elixir r brakes and being a tart I quite fancy a set of red superstar floating rotors, as I understand it getting red ones should make me faster? :wink:

Does anyone have any knowledge of this combination? Is there any issues with the rotor joints fouling the caliper?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Brakes slow you down though, so red is not the best. Never been a fan of floaters.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Brakes slow you down though, so red is not the best.
    He's right.

Besides, floating rotors are prone to rattling after a while, and in practical use will serve no real purpose other than potentially causing fitting issues.
    Avoid.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Not really worth the £50 imo, as it will make 0 difference to the performance of the bike. If you didnt have any rotors, it might have been worth doing for the increased tartyness, but since you already have rotors I would spend the £50 on something else that will affect the performance of the bike eg tyres.
  • DaveHudson
    Cool thanks gents, I'll spend the money on something else pointless. You haven't saved me any money just not spending it on rotors :P
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    DaveHudson wrote:
    Cool thanks gents, I'll spend the money on something else pointless. You haven't saved me any money just not spending it on rotors :P
    Good. Get some decent pedals.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DaveHudson
    What's wrong with my pedals? I've got a set of XT spds fitted. :lol: