Lost the buzz!

bwfc4eva868
bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
edited July 2012 in MTB general
Well after getting Ankle tendonitis back in may i have had no motivation to get back on the bike since then. Its still full of mud and the wheels off. I seem to spend all my time thinking about going for a ride browsing this forum and singletrack forum and reading mbuk.

Even tho the weathers been lovely this week ive been on motorbike everyday instead. I went through the same rut last year except riding mtb and not bothering with motorbike.

Dunno whats up with me.

Comments

• Bigchris
    Bigchris Posts: 131
    Jeremy Kyle
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Don't force it, wait until you want to ride. It helps if you go riding with a few mates just for a laugh, might remind you why you loved it in the first place :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Take your bike somewhere new and ride there, must be a trail centre or some locale you havent ridden before that might re-ignite your sense of fun.

I find a change from what you know equates to a new challenge which can help whether that change is a long climb, a long flowing descent or somethign technical
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sell your bike and give away all your kit. Pretty soon you will be itching to go for a ride. I was similar with my BSA 650 classic motorbike it wasnt getting ridden and to be honest I was on the point of selling it. Luckily the prospective buyer dropped out at the last minute. I left it in the back of the shed for months till one day I decided to give it one last ride before advertising it again. Came back from an all day blast round the Dales buzzing again. Sometimes you just need a break from a hobby to remind you why you took it up in the 1st place.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Dig your bike out for a good "tinker" and clean i find sorting a few little problems out (you know it has at least one thing that need "fettling"). By the time it's all sorted you will need to take it for a short spin "just to check" it's all ok :D. Or just go for a cruise around (don't even have to be off road) like you said the weather is great BUT for how long? :shock:...... Best make the most of it.

Thanks.
  • bwfc4eva868
    I really enjoy my rides when i do get out but its the getting out. Just moved into a new apartment and have to leave my mtb at my mums as there is nowhere to put it here. I really wanna get to Gisburn but cant justify the £25 on the train from here. It needs a good clean and lube so that might ignite me to get out and ride it.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I really enjoy my rides when i do get out but its the getting out. Just moved into a new apartment and have to leave my mtb at my mums as there is nowhere to put it here. I really wanna get to Gisburn but cant justify the £25 on the train from here. It needs a good clean and lube so that might ignite me to get out and ride it.

I agree sometimes its to easy to sack off a ride out but once you're out its great fun. £25 for a days entertainment isn't bad just do it every now and then, just think you can spend 4x that on a night out.
  • bigjb1983
    bigjb1983 Posts: 25
    Take it for a very quick 15 minute spin around the local park/woods/roads - once you get the feel of it the reason you liked riding in the first place will come back...... Then you can smash out a 90k enduro the day after ;)
  • bwfc4eva868
    Well i have decided to mtfu and I'm off to Lee Quarryon Tuesday, while the missus goes food shopping at Tesco in Bacup :) Can't wait. Balls to the rain :D
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    I find sometimes getting away from the forums, magazines and not drooling over shiny kit that I can't currently afford for a while helps and just focus on my bike and my riding. Easy to get bike overload due to the joys of the interweb.
  • Just Do It.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'm pretty bored of MTB while im at home. Exausted all the local trail centres and explored every forest within 10 miles of my house. We've just done it all too much. Now i'm on holiday biking in the alps and it reminded me why i love this sport, though i imagine now when i go home i won't step on the bike for months.