edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Dear BBC,

Why oh why is the ladies football not a close approximation to this:

http://youtu.be/hJOiCsL6eD0
Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Because its burds sport - its a bit like bloke's sport but slower, rubbisher and they are all lesbians. Burd's footy especially - its just painful to watch.

The only things watching in women's sport are the delicious Victoria and the delidious Victoria. And if I catch any of you watching the delicious Victoria, I'll be very angry indeed.

LEAVE HER ALONE YOU B@STARDS
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Yossie wrote:
    Because its burds sport - its a bit like bloke's sport but slower, rubbisher and they are all lesbians. Burd's footy especially - its just painful to watch.

The only things watching in women's sport are the delicious Victoria and the delidious Victoria. And if I catch any of you watching the delicious Victoria, I'll be very angry indeed.

I agree with this sentiment, I detest women's football, the complete inability to kick a ball, (ones that big anyway), and the hugging and kissing is just so wrong...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    They should get Andy Gray and Richard Keys commentating the women's football like they did back in the 90s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienZj9onV0Q&feature=related
  • Yossie
    As its a quiet night at the Barracks and everyone has facked orf to the Olympics, we had a couple of hours of kick about tonight. Beats polishing your boots/gun (oooeeerrr). There were three girls present.

Naturally I/we didn't say anything to their faces apart frrm "excellent effort" and "really well done - you did brilliant" but they were really shyt. Really really shyt. Apart from the girl with massively huge norks in teh low top who everytime she ran/stopped/stood still/chested the ball every bloke on the pitch just stopped and stared.

Girls, sport? Nah.

As an aside - DD: thankyou for the sentimental support. It means much.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    We had a discussion in work on where women footballers would rank in the men's game. I reckoned Sunday pub league standard but my colleague reckons at the lowest end of semi-pro. I think he must be a feminist or something! The Kiwi goalkeeper somehow managed to make that freekick look unstoppable by hiding behind her wall instead of covering the area the wall didn't. I can understand they don't have the power and pace of men but there's no real reason why they shouldn't have some skill at least.
  • Women's football's completely different to mens football. Very few bookings, almost no sendings off, no diving and zero descent.

Unlike Sunday Pub Football which is full of middle aged, unfit, fat blokes who think thuggery and foul play equals talent.

Or those over paid prima donnas in the Premier League who work for 5 or 6 hours a week, have a single figure golf handicap and then moan they've played too many games and they're 'tired' For £150,000 a week!!!

Sorry, were we making sweeping generalisations? :P
  • Pross
    Women's football's completely different to mens football. Very few bookings, almost no sendings off, no diving and zero descent.

Unlike Sunday Pub Football which is full of middle aged, unfit, fat blokes who think thuggery and foul play equals talent.

Or those over paid prima donnas in the Premier League who work for 5 or 6 hours a week, have a single figure golf handicap and then moan they've played too many games and they're 'tired' For £150,000 a week!!!

I'm pretty sure the men's game isn't played downhill either.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Women's football's completely different to mens football. Very few bookings, almost no sendings off, no diving and zero descent.

I won't argue with any of those sentiments, but, womens football is sh1t, as is womens rugby. The female body doesn't really lend itself to those sports, as in t1ts are impractical for a start.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

I agree with this sentiment, I detest women's football, the complete inability to kick a ball, (ones that big anyway), and the hugging and kissing is just so wrong...

Love n hugs

DD

I've..erm..studied womens football a couple of times and there was nowhere near enough of this going on, which teams have you seen doing this??
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Pross wrote:
    The Kiwi goalkeeper somehow managed to make that freekick look unstoppable by hiding behind her wall instead of covering the area the wall didn't. I can understand they don't have the power and pace of men but there's no real reason why they shouldn't have some skill at least.

You should come to Scotland, there's goalkeeping like that every weekend. :cry:
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I reckon womens football wouldn't be *that* bad, if you watched it through blurry glasses and had it on fast forward. However, as soon as the ball goes anywhere near the goalkeepers the whole game falls apart, cos every female goalkeeper I've seen is hopeless. Why don't they just shoot from everywhere? Every game would finish 15 - 15.

That said, I disagree with both mens and womens football being in the Olympics. Winning Gold as a footballer is nowhere the pinnacle of their careers, like it is for many of the other sports. And there's too much football on TV anyway. This coming from a football fan.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Yossie
    y33stu wrote:
    I reckon womens football wouldn't be *that* bad, if you watched it through blurry glasses and had it on fast forward. However, as soon as the ball goes anywhere near the goalkeepers the whole game falls apart, cos every female goalkeeper I've seen is hopeless. Why don't they just shoot from everywhere? Every game would finish 15 - 15.

That said, I disagree with both mens and womens football being in the Olympics. Winning Gold as a footballer is nowhere the pinnacle of their careers, like it is for many of the other sports. And there's too much football on TV anyway. This coming from a football fan.

They can't kick it from anywhere becasue they can't make the ball go further than about 6 feet.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I don't understand why in this age of equality there is ladies and gents snooker, cricket, golf, etc. Wimbledon has an equal winners pot so, if they reckon that both are equally commercial and equally good, why not just have tennis. Same goes for footy. Folks keep saying on tele how good the women's game is, fine, let's have men and women playing in an open contest and let the good ones rise. The problem is that I have seen a few women's games on tele, the best the game offers apparently, and yet I have yet to see one player that would make it in the men's professional game. If Gordon Brown was still around he would call me a bigot, oh well.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "Women's football's completely different to mens football. Very few bookings, almost no sendings off, no diving and zero descent. "

I'm hoping you meant dissent. Descent means going down, and I think you know where that discussion might lead...
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Where will it lead? Can we have diagrams and photos?
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    keef66 wrote:
    "Women's football's completely different to mens football. Very few bookings, almost no sendings off, no diving and zero descent. "

I'm hoping you meant dissent. Descent means going down, and I think you know where that discussion might lead...

"Yeovil Town? Hmm, the old Huish slope, isn't it? 1949, knocking the mighty Sunderland out of the FA Cup - enduring image. First goal of the match scored by Alec Stock, allegedly the inspiration for a certain Fast Show character. Wasn't he? Isn't it? Marvellous."

;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Football's shit, the women's variant is even worse!
    The only thing I loathe more is "Womens'" Boxing! Two dykes beating each other up isn't a sport!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    y33stu wrote:
    That said, I disagree with both mens and womens football being in the Olympics. Winning Gold as a footballer is nowhere the pinnacle of their careers...

We better scrap road cycling from the next Olympics, then. On that logic anyway.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Frank the tank
    Football's shoot, the women's variant is even worse!
    The only thing I loathe more is "Womens'" Boxing! Two dykes beating each other up isn't a sport!

Oh! I'd forgotten about womens boxing, it's just not on, it's not right IMHO.
    Tail end Charlie

• OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Frank me old, I'll have you voting Tory at this rate!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Ben6899 wrote:
    y33stu wrote:
    That said, I disagree with both mens and womens football being in the Olympics. Winning Gold as a footballer is nowhere the pinnacle of their careers...

We better scrap road cycling from the next Olympics, then. On that logic anyway.

No but winning gold as a road cyclist is at least near the pinnacle of their careers, TdF, and Giro apart, I'm sure pro's would say the olympics is up there with the best.

Any footballer would rank FA Cup, Prem League, Champions League, World Cup or Domestic trophies ahead of olympic gold.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Frank the tank
    Frank me old, I'll have you voting Tory at this rate!

I'll keep me guard up fella,I too have noticed I've agreed with you on a few things lately. :? :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    y33stu wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    y33stu wrote:

No but winning gold as a road cyclist is at least near the pinnacle of their careers, TdF, and Giro apart, I'm sure pro's would say the olympics is up there with the best.

Any footballer would rank FA Cup, Prem League, Champions League, World Cup or Domestic trophies ahead of olympic gold.

I would respectfully suggest that Olympic cycling comes at the bottom of the pile under grand tours, the Worlds and the Classics/Monuments.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • F_I
    F_I Posts: 14
    I'm sure in the future women will be more than capable of producing a decent level of football. The issue we have now is there just aren't enough women playing the game for it to be at all competitive which means the current level is terrible.

It's not like tennis where the top women would absolutely destroy any non-professional tennis players or athletics where the top athletes are faster and stronger than most guys. It really is just a competition in it's infancy, if you went back 100 years and watched most sports, by todays standards they would be laughably bad.
  • Pross
    Football's shoot, the women's variant is even worse!

Which is a shame as I would pay good money for that, especially if it took place in a large swimming pool of melted chocolate!