Olympic fucking torch Olympic fucking ceremony

milfredo
milfredo Posts: 322
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Don't get me wrong, I like the fact the Olympics are in London and I care not of cost. I even work in London so my travel is going to be a bitch and I say bring it on! Any reason for some cheaky jars at lunchtime and less working hours are a good thing.

BUT...

Do I want to go and see a fucking torch being carried down the road by some unknown fuckwit? NO and stop fucking asking me to.

AND

friends asking what I am doing this evening regarding watching the opening cerminony on fucking TV tonight. Watching TV on a Friday? I'd rather boil my own cock! I don't give a fuck that it cost 27 milion pounds, it will still be dull.

Anyone else as happy about this as me?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Watch it in a public house. Sorted.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Aye, I'm with you.

I've got the entire of August's Edinburgh Fringe to watch overhyped pointless shite amateur dramatic rubbish thankyou very much.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What are these 'Olympics' of which you speak?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • milfredo
    Watch it in a public house. Sorted.

Are you homosexual?

This is what I fear the most... my local that never really turns on the TV having it blearing out all over the fucking place. I hope it doesn't rain as I'm staying in the beer garden.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    cooldad wrote:
    What are these 'Olympics' of which you speak?

It's got loads of men in tight lycra in it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, thought it'd be right up your street.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I'm hetro thanks, why do you ask? Are you gay? You sure seem to whine on like one.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmmm i will be riding my biking and going outside as per usual rather than watch osme other idiot try and do sport.
  • milfredo
    I'm hetro thanks, why do you ask? Are you gay? You sure seem to whine on like one.

Yes my friend, I smoke the bone an always remember to push back.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Personally, I care not for the olympics by now, one way or the other - I do think it's an immense expense that the country could have done without, but they come about every few years, so what the hell.

Anyway, I thoguht the torch relay was a nice sight to see when it came round here. Not only did they introduce "fire" to North Wales, but the folk that were running were mostly locals that had done something worthy of note.
    It was nice to see an entire village out to support "one of their own", and their gaining some recognition for their achievments, or good work.
  • cooldad
    Last time people ran around London with flaming torches they were very naughty and tried to burn the place down.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    cooldad wrote:
    Last time people ran around London with flaming torches they were very naughty and tried to burn the place down.

And did rather well IIRC...

Love n hugs

DD

(who actually rather enjoyed said ceremony, especially when HRH seemed asleep)
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Volleyball. That is all. and perhaps women's football.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Figured I'd watch it, living in London and that for the past couple of yearseremony was impressive in terms of the scale of it and the stuff they did, still undecided as to whether I liked it or not though. The Queen bit and Rowan Atkinson was definitely the highlights for me.

Now it's time for a quick rant though, I was going to watch the cycle road race today, and a bit of the tennis... the fucking BBC why the fuck do they need to keep moving things from one channel to another, or completely interrupting something for some moronic presenters to babble on about something completely trivial. What's worse is after this they don't even finish showing what they were and put something crap like archery on.

Also they're going on about some chinese person getting the first gold in the womens 10m air rifle competition... how the fuck is that an olympic sport!?! It's like them putting golf in the 2016 olympics, I know it takes a great deal of skill but it's not a fucking olympic sport, come 2020 there'll be a plug wiring event :shock:

Sorry rant over
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Much diappointment when I turn on to see Men's Volleyball
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Watched most of the ceremony down the pub on the iPhone then iplayered it this morning for the bits I missed like the torch being lit as there was no way I was going to watch the procession of teams.

Enjoyed it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    no, you know me, i hate things and think everythng is gay and shit.

However,

I thought that was excellent, i really, really enjoyed it.

It seemed to be a different take on an opening ceremony and i think it was well executed and very british. i can imagine the rest of the world will have missed some of the points but for the most part, i actually quite like that it was an opening ceremony which seemed deliberately put together for the world with a few deliberate bits just for us brits.
  • cooldad
    I was expecting you to do the flag bit. You must be a sh1t soldier.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sheepsteeth
    cooldad wrote:
    I was expecting you to do the flag bit. You must be a sh1t soldier.

i may be a shit soldier but im good at avoiding dogshit weekend duties :wink:
  • cooldad
    But you could have had a go at Mary Poppins AND flashed your obvious to a billion or three people.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sheepsteeth
    cooldad wrote:
    But you could have had a go at Mary Poppins AND flashed your obvious to a billion or three people.

good point and i certainly would have done a better job of keeping step than that RAF gaylord. what a webbo.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    no, you know me, i hate things and think everythng is gay and shoot.
    Ahem, apart from the trooping of the colours, or whatever it's called eh?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the ceremony - apart from the team procession, which is an important part of it, but a bit boring, really.
    Hole sweet zombie jesus, father of satan, those children's choirs at the start were good though. I mean, ridicilously, exceptionally fantastically good.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    those children's choirs at the start were good

I bet they were.....

No good at the end though? You tired them out?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    They were finished long before I lost interest.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    As an englishman abroad I skimmed the opening ceremony - little bit OTT for my tastes.

BUT - my canadian work mates who watched loved it and thought it was very impressive and a great show so from that point of view it was a win - our position on the global stage if you will.

The few events I have seen so far have looked pretty good and the turn out for the road race was amazing. I know we have the capacity to put on a good show (maybe at a financial cost) and I am glad to be not disappointed!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Enjoyed most of it. Got to B in the team procession at the end and then lost interest and fell asleep.

Anyone else think it was a bit left-wing in places?

LAters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    jndb72 wrote:
    I've never even understood what that nonsense means.
  • cooldad
    jndb72 wrote:
    The ceremony included non aryans, women, and possibly even a gay person.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sheepsteeth
    cooldad wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:
    The ceremony included non aryans, women, and possibly even a gay person from the RAF.

sideways
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    cooldad wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:
    The ceremony included non aryans, women, and possibly even a gay person.

This ^^^^

Not that im xenophobic, racist or sexist, or anything, just saying....that's all
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I just don't know what right, or left wing is supposed to mean.