where to ride with kids - midlands

TimIrons
TimIrons Posts: 30
I am trying to locate some additional options for family cycling routes where i can take my two children out on their bikes.
They are both fairly confident and we have ridden the family route at the Forest of Dean but i wondered if anyone could give me any other options. We are based in Bromsgrove in the midlands. We have also ridden the routes at Cannock and Wyre Forest but both have fairly long steep sections which may put off my youngest who is yet to be convinced that cycling up hills is fun!

What I am after is something like the Pitsford reservoir circular route that is flat but not so far away from where we live. Can anyone think of anywhere?

Comments

• Hi

I don't know if this is any good for you but it is fairly flat (as long as you don't go down past lower gornal where there is a b*tch of a hill!) - good surface, not too many obstacles (apart from walkers and horse riders) - it does get a bit muddy when wet but there is a nice cafe near Wombourne and there are plenty of places to stop to have a picnic etc - I have been down and back a few times just to turn my legs, nice little run and you can tailor it to suit your mood (and the stamina of the kids :-))

http://www.sstaffs.gov.uk/your_services ... ilway.aspx

Lee
  • TimIrons
    TimIrons Posts: 30
    oxoman wrote:
    You could try around Hicks Lodge near Ashby De la Zouch. There are a number of cycle trails covering an area surrounding the villages of Donisthorpe, Moira, Albert Village, Spring Cottage in North West Leicestershire all with 5 mins of the M42 Junction 11. These are all relatively flat and their is a cycle centre at Hicks Lodge near Moira which has paid parking along with toilets and Tea rooms. Their is a blue run for slightly more adventurous but still relatively flat my 7 year old loves it.

Perfect, thanks oxoman i will give it a go.