North Wales

dhooper7
dhooper7 Posts: 156
edited July 2012 in Holidays
Got five days off in August and the wife and I were looking at heading up and riding Llandegla, Nant yr Arian and Coed Yr Brenin.

It'll be done on the cheap so we need a nice campsite with good facilities.
However the most important thing is that it's near a nice area. Within walking distance of a decent town with a few pubs, ones that are pretty lively at night would be great.
Somewhere in or around Snowdonia would be great. Bala maybe?

Any suggestions?
2011 Specialized Enduro Comp
2014 Boardman Hybrid Comp

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    This is the one we use. Its about 15 mins walk to the pubs and shops in Porthmadoc and not far from the beach at Black Rock. Lovely site and always clean.

http://www.tyddynllwyn.com/
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the thing is, is that none of those places are that close together. you want to stay in the same place every night? to get a place in the middle you'd still be looking at a minimum of a 30/40 min drive to the trail centre.

personally i'd move to sites close to where you want to ride each night, but just my opinion :D

bala is a bit dull tbh...plenty of pubs though and a good white water rafting centre and they do zorbing on the lake. but it's a good 30/40 min drive to coed y brenin, probably an hour and a quarter to nant yr arian and an hour to llandegla.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    We stayed on a campsite on the edge of Aberystwyth (sorry, can't remember the details). A 10 minute walk and we were in the town centre, and it wasn't a huge drive to get to Nant and Machllyneth.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."