Mid-week M'eh Thread

Clank
Clank Posts: 2,323
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin' window lickers,

Today will mostly feature me telling a group of industrialists about the wonders of my work. Followed by a brief telephone meeting. Could be worse! To make it better I haz cookies.

Tonight, I shall be packing for the weekend (I need a bit of run-up, me), which won't feature Glenntress, but will feature me pedaling a few laps of a rally stage in Radnor. Should be pretty sweet.

Onwards! To coffee! And dissemination!

....which is what I thought farmers did to get cows pregnant.....
How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    meh

after a 5 day residential my internal organs have died. So today is a day without drink, unless its nice later & I will go to the pub.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

a great ride was had last night on some trails i've never ridden before - i'll definately be going back there 8)

another nice day and an early finish to take my son to watch the dhers at cwmcarn :D

i might even treat myself to a bacon roll.

laters

EDIT: i've just heard this on the radio http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-18979032, it brings a whole new meaning tyo running away from home :lol:

also, why is there an opening event of the olympics today before the opening ceremony on friday? :?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

I had a lie in :D I'm off work now until next Wednesday, so today is a slow, relaxed day preparing for Crudfest 2012! :D:D:D I got the roof rack fitted yesterday, so today is packing and bike fettling (Though not much needed from the brief ook yesterday).

Really looking forward to it now, though I appear to have picked up a small cold, which I am going to beat the sh1t out of if it gets any worse (this will not stop me from enjoying myself!)

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning Jizz moppers

In the office slightly out my skull on co-codamol as I seem to have completely borked my shoulder, no idea how I have done it, but it better be ok for crudfest on friday (though even if its still gubbed I WILL be riding)
    Have managed to get a loan of a set of lights which I should be picking up tonight as the guy has forgot to bring them into the office today. Also got a phone call from the LBS to say the nukeproof knee/shin pads I ordered have arrived :)
    Onwards to coffee by the bucket load and more painkillers
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Mornin

Hans turned up today... nice

7642515150_0320ee2aeb.jpg
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    s'up homos!

1 more sleep!!!!

This time tomorrow I will be in scouserpool with a mule, loading the bikes onto the roof and then proceeding to check them, double check them, strap them down some more and cement them in place.

From there it's Peaks, Curry, bed, back into the car again, and up to GT.

WINNORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    How do?

Unfortunately I have 3 more days of work before I go to Crudfest 2012 :( I am now officially jealous of you lucky feckers that start tomorrow in The Peaks.

I shall, however, be out around Hayfield tonight giving the legs their last spin out before the festivities begin.

If only I knew the route Richie was taking you - I could lay some Proutster eggs on the trail for you to show my level of jealousy :D
  • cat_with_no_tail
    He's keeping that one very close to his chest. I have a suspicion it's so they never find the bodies.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Going for a piankiller free day today. So far so good. Also a good excuse to do nothing.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Word up Cockjanglers!
    Last night i rode, which is nice.
    This morning i had a lay in, which is nice.
    tonight i will be swapping tyres and fighting with the heat to set up tubeless with a track pump and get bike ready for weekend.

today has an empty diary
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning Mongs,

Have dropped junior off at her holiday activities and am now sweating in the garden fighting the encroaching jungle again. Will have a bike ride with the ankle biter when she's back this afternoon - if it's not so hot that she refuses to go (not much excuse needed) :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Just back from the local supermarket where I had to buy a new razor and blades. Not much change left out of 40 squid. Since when did shaving get so expensive (the last shaver I bought was about 8 years ago)

Counting down the days until my holiday next week.

BBQ lined up for tonight for some birthday bash or something. Good excuse to get bladdered mid week.

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Alright Scuttlers

Just sorting my last bits for festival then off at stupid o clock tomorrow

Mrs Gazlar is making me a quiche with bacon instead of the pastry

and man child had taken to just doing his own washing up after being told to pull his finger out around the house, well occasionally doing his own washing up, so I have just taken his pile of stuff left since Sunday, put in the washing up bowl and put it in his bedroom so he gets the hint. Seriously, I can see how people turn into the kind of people that leave post its round the house.

Fortunately Mrs g's sister had now gone from feeling sorry for him to loathing his every breath, so there's progress
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    jndb72 wrote:
    Just back from the local supermarket where I had to buy a new razor and blades. Not much change left out of 40 squid. Since when did shaving get so expensive (the last shaver I bought was about 8 years ago)
    One of the reasons I embrace the beard!

I've been more productive in my day off than I am at work! :lol: Bags are packed, I'm charging (at least I think I am) my lights, flapjacks made, bought a new bladder as the old one had picked up a government health warning (advice folks, don't leave Ribena in it for more than 6 weeks :? ) and am about to go and fettle with the bike.

Then time for a film before heading over to Bury for the night, and Souseshire in the morning :mrgreen:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    jndb72 wrote:
    One of the reasons I embrace the beard!

I've been more productive in my day off than I am at work! :lol: Bags are packed, I'm charging (at least I think I am) my lights, flapjacks made, bought a new bladder as the old one had picked up a government health warning (advice folks, don't leave Ribena in it for more than 6 weeks :? ) and am about to go and fettle with the bike.

Then time for a film before heading over to Bury for the night, and Souseshire in the morning :mrgreen:

I have tried, but I get to about day 8 and then I can't cope with the itching
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Gazlar wrote:
    I can see how people turn into the kind of people that leave post its round the house.

Supercunt used to do that, for no apparent reason really. Mostly they'd have blindingly obvious statements on them, I used to leave replies on bits of paper underneath them as he was evidently too intimidated by me to speak face to face. He'd write the most useless stuff like "the electric ran out earlier" or there's no hot water... then it'd transpire he'd done nothing about it either, just left it for me to sort out :roll: It's not that hard to walk downstairs round the corner and top up the electricity, he's a bit like Sheldon Cooper really. Except not as smart. He's more of a cunt too. He looks a lot like him though and I also have my suspisions about his sexuality. Still, don't live with him anymore :D
    Gazlar wrote:
    Fortunately Mrs g's sister had now gone from feeling sorry for him to loathing his every breath, so there's progress

Excellent, the next step is trying to murder him, I'd get digging a whole in the back garden ready for the body. In fact I saw someone advertising some paving slabs on here the other day so you could make a patio bury him under that.

Evening bumders

Bacon farming is smelly business. Also landlord is still being an arsehole, he's refusing to email me or write to me now, just keeps calling and spewing crap, each time I ask for something in writing he hangs up on me :roll:

This evening will be spent listening to the archers and then watching Midsomer Murders. Yes I really am that cool.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    He's keeping that one very close to his chest. I have a suspicion it's so they never find the bodies.

If I told you you would sell it to the press for monies and haribo ( oh wait a minute this is the bikey forum) In that case it leaves from my front door and a possible end is back at my front door or maybes not depending
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    I think one of the locals should take us round Glentress on one of these :lol:

c4R4w.jpg
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Right mofos. I'm off.

I'll see some of you tomorrow, and some others on Friday.

Everyone else, have a jolly good weekend.