Road rage driver attacked cyclist - justice!

Ginjafro
Ginjafro Posts: 572
edited August 2012 in Commuting general
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Road-rage-driver-attacked-cyclist/story-16588669-detail/story.html

A link for your information about a cyclist who was beaten up by a drink driver.
Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
Cove Hustler
Planet X Pro-Carbon

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The usual anti-cyclist comment trolls are on board.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Oh man what a way to be remembered - witnesses described him as "curled up like a hedgehog". :oops:
  • I liked the
    £1500 seems a lot for hitting a cyclist
    comment

I love the way people casually ignore the
    He then pushed the cyclist into a nearby garden, where witnesses described him as "curled up like a hedgehog".

Welch punched the man several more times and kicked him in the leg and stomach.

A smack in the mouth is one thing, dragging someone off and putting the boot in quite another.
  • Serves him right, plus he hired a guy called Barry White to represent him.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I liked the
    comment

He then pushed the cyclist into a nearby garden, where witnesses described him as "curled up like a hedgehog".

A smack in the mouth is one thing, dragging someone off and putting the boot in quite another.
    That's near enough what the driver who attacked me did. Except I hadn't clipped his wing mirror, I'd been hit by him as he half-overtook and then veered left to avoid oncoming traffic.

The police asked him to write a letter in which he said he 'regrets that we bumped into each other'. :roll: All caught on headcam btw....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I liked the
    comment

Yeah, the trolling is quite normal for the Plymouth Herald and often a good and rich source of "amusement" :shock: . There are some right cnuts in Janner land where some people think such behaviour is both normal and acceptable. Whilst it was awful what happened to the cyclist the Herald could provide an "interesting" thread on posters comments on all sorts of current affairs in Plymuff. I presume other regional rags also have their fair share of bar stop trolls.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    plus he hired a guy called Barry White to represent him.

The "Walrus of Law"? ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Ngalbrai
    Ngalbrai Posts: 279
    He seemed to have got off very lightly, quick google of the sentences possible after GBH, suprised at how lenient they are.