Teenage Cancer Trust Cycling Jerseys

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
A few of you may remember that I was looking to get some Teenage Cancer Trust cycling jerseys made up. Well, good to my word, that's what I've nearly done.

The jersey will be a Gore Contest FZ (full zip) in Black & White with the TCT logo front and rear (see http://www.tct.org.uk).

gr_cntstfz_11_m.jpg?1341932059567

Gore have been brilliant in supporting this. The costs I'm covering myself. ALL (100%) proceeds will go directly to TCT. I expect the jerseys to be at or below RRP for the plain jersey - so ca. £50

I know a few of you previously indicated that you'd be interested in supporting this. At this point I wanted just to canvass interest again and some idea of sizing. Even if you don't end up following through with a purchase, it will help me gauge interest and sizing mix.

Thanks for your support
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    edited July 2012
    Certainly sounds like a great project. I would be a large in Gore and I'm interested...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    MRS - I'm due a new jersey from the missus so this could be it!

I'm interested. I'm a Large (UK) / XL (Euro).
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Interested, medium for me.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • aeon
    aeon Posts: 167
    interested, medium.
    FCN 10 - Crosstrail
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Interested. FAT. (Craft XXL?).

Edit: I'll be whatever fits a 46/48 chest.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i cant see the pic on my comp- do you have a link to it, ta.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • meanredspider
    gore-contest-fz-jersey-12-blackwhite.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/product-media/536 ... h=2000&a=7

Doing this on an iPad isn't the easiest - image management is the iPad's Achilles heel - hope this works
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Cleat Eastwood
    groovy. count me in for a large. :D
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    I'll have one thanks. I have no Gore gear but I'm usually XL or XXL.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ooow i likes them

yeah count me in please XL for me
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Sounds great, large for me in gore.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Go on then, Medium please.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • meanredspider
    Thank you, guys - I really appreciate the support for this plan.

As an additional incentive, I'm hoping that my employers will match any money I raise through this so your £50 jersey should net TCT £100. I'm planning on having your payments go directly to TCT through an on-line donation site (ideally TCT's own one but it's not the most "stable") so I don't need to handle anything but the shipping.

Please keep the expressions of interest coming - I'm going to need to adjust my sizing expectation towards the larger end of the scale :wink: but that's really useful information in itself.

Cheers & thanks again

Richard
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    im not fat though im just err big boned
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I'm in too XL
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I'm in too, probably a large.
    It's a charity donation with a free top, not the other way round. I can't bring myself to spend that on a fancy t-shirt. I'm far too tight.
  • meanredspider
    So these are underway now - hopefully printed next week but certainly before my Malin to Mizen Head ride which starts 4th Aug

Once I have a sample I'll post pics on here.

Very much to Veronese68's point, the ordering process will be this:

Donate £50 to my Teenage Cancer Trust Malin to Mizen page for each jersey you require. The money will then go direct to TCT - I will also be able to match-fund it - your £50 will be turned into £100.

Referencing your donation, send me a PM with quantity and size requirements plus a shipping address. I'll dispatch at the earliest opportunity.

Really appreciate all your support - I'm hoping that this initiative will raise £5000 for young people with cancer.
  • veronese68
    Would it be easier to ship all the London ones in one parcel? I'm happy to take delivery and I can distribute at the SCR drinks on the 4th, and/or go to the Morpeth one Friday.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Would it be easier to ship all the London ones in one parcel? I'm happy to take delivery and I can distribute at the SCR drinks on the 4th, and/or go to the Morpeth one Friday.

Absolutely - that would be perfect if it works for people - will save me that money as I'm funding this myself - thank you
  • clarkey cat
    MRS - what size are you going for? I think we're about the same size and build.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Absolutely - that would be perfect if it works for people - will save me that money as I'm funding this myself - thank you
    OK, I'll pm you my work details nearer the time so someone will be around to take delivery. Happy to help in any way I can.
    Presumably people can let you know when they order, then you give me the list.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

OK, I'll pm you my work details nearer the time so someone will be around to take delivery. Happy to help in any way I can.
    Presumably people can let you know when they order, then you give me the list.

Sounds great
  • meanredspider
    Jerseys at the printers now - hope to have something in my hands next Monday all being well

Size-wise Gore are slightly more generous than some - I'm an XL in Giordana and the Race-Fit Assos - but I'm an L in Assos Mille Regular Fit and an L in Gore

For those who want to get orders in now

http://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Merrell0

£50 donation secures each jersey (remembering it will get made up to £100 for TCT) then PM me size and delivery details referencing what ever name you used in the JustGiving site.

Thanks so much for supporting this
  • Cleat Eastwood
    All done.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Good on you matey seeing as this is a great cause and a bargain someone should linky this over to road buying advice section.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    All done - I'll let a couple of my friends know and get them to post here if they can support you. Great cause. Really hope it goes well.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • veronese68
    Done, Well done for doing this and good luck with the ride.
    I'll pm you my work address if people could let you know if they want to collect from the SCR summer gathering or possibly at the Morpeth one Friday.
    I agree with Boff, this should be stuck in the road section as well.
  • clarkey cat
    Done.

Veronese - happy for you to take delivery on my behalf, cheers.
  • meanredspider
    Hey folks - I'm really appreciating the support I'm getting with this initiative.

I have a delivery date from the printers of Monday 30th July (I'm driving past them back from England) so, for those of you that are holding off to see pics of the finished article, there should be something by Tuesday.

Please keep the donations rolling in.

I'll link across to Road too.

Cheers

Richard
  • meanredspider
    MRS - what size are you going for? I think we're about the same size and build.

Ooh sorry - missed this - I'm going for Large. I can send you pics of me in both a L and XL of a plain Gore Contest jersey if that helps - PM me an email address