So, this filtering thing, there's an upside and a downside

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    When I saw the car drive off with the motorcyclist on top of it I had visions of Terminator.

How he didn't punch her square in the boob and not need to be restrained I'll never know...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I feel bad about this, but I have more sympathy for the driver than for the motorcyclist.

He takes a kick at her car, thinking (no doubt) "dozy bint, I'll be gone from her in seconds so there's nothing she can do to me in return", and BAM! she has him on the deck instantly.

So he gets up, squares up, and you can tell that inside his helmet there's a brooding seething mass of anger that's *really* gonna teach her a lesson... he exits stage right to dispense Justice, and re-enters from stage right hanging onto the bonnet for dear life. And she doesn't just give him a short ride on the bonnet. Oh no. It's a full on sight seeing trip.

Even at the end he can't really seem to get retribution. It all looks a bit impotent.

Does go to show how things can get out of hand once contact has been made though.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,811
    motorbikers eh? :roll:

;).
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg66 wrote:
    I feel bad about this, but I have more sympathy for the driver than for the motorcyclist.

He takes a kick at her car, thinking (no doubt) "dozy bint, I'll be gone from her in seconds so there's nothing she can do to me in return", and BAM! she has him on the deck instantly.

So he gets up, squares up, and you can tell that inside his helmet there's a brooding seething mass of anger that's *really* gonna teach her a lesson... he exits stage right to dispense Justice, and re-enters from stage right hanging onto the bonnet for dear life. And she doesn't just give him a short ride on the bonnet. Oh no. It's a full on sight seeing trip.

Even at the end he can't really seem to get retribution. It all looks a bit impotent.

Does go to show how things can get out of hand once contact has been made though.
    That's a unusual amount of assumption from you. You're normally more objective about these things.

We don't know what she did prior to make him kick out. We don't know what he said, if anything, to make her run him over. Even then she used her car as an offensive weapon. After she's tried to kill him he reaches in her car, we don't know what for, keys, maybe, to stop her driving off?

But yes when contact has been made things can go south very very quckly.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    Greg66 wrote:

They're both obviously mental.

It's rare when you meet a psycho during a road incident. Even more rare when both sides of the incident are psycho.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Got to agree with Greg here, although I don't have sympathy for the car driver, I'm sure the biker will think twice about doing that again!! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    :shock:

This is one reason why post-incident wing mirror removal is such a bad idea, no matter how much they 'deserve it', they're in a car, they can crush you without even breaking a sweat.

Though I thought this was going to be the vid of the cyclist who moves to go down the cyclelane to the left of a bus and crashes head on into a guy coming the opposite direction....who then rides off! Can't find the link, so if anyone else knows what I'm talking about please share.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Born again biker v PMS.

Only going to be one winner. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Greg66 wrote:
    I have more sympathy for the driver than for the motorcyclist.
    Call me Jeremy Rundle, but are ya kidding? The worst damage the car could have got is a scratch; she could have killed him. Cars aren't babies and can easily be repaired. There's no justification for what she did.
  • hoolio
    hoolio Posts: 139
    I've experienced van and car drivers see me filtering in their mirrors and they purposefully close the gap to stop me coming through on the motorbike. From the position of her car and the way the bikers looking back at her in a wtf are you doing way and then the f u kick of the wing I wouldn't be at all surprised if she moved across to block him on purpose just as he was coming alongside.
    Really surprised at the people taking enjoyment from the guy being attacked with a car!
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    What she did was unjustifiable.
    What he did was unjustifiable.
    What a pair of idiots.

I'm afraid that much as what she did was awful I confess I too take a certain pleasure in seeing a right c0ck come unstuck.
    my bad
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    not taking either side as i couldn't tell what prompted this although clearly the driver of the car overreacted.

however it does reinforce my cycle commuting ethos that it's really not worth arguing/upsetting someone driving a half ton piece of metal when you are on a pushbike/motorbike.
    FCN = 4
  • hoolio
    hoolio Posts: 139
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    however it does reinforce my cycle commuting ethos that it's really not worth arguing/upsetting someone driving a half ton piece of metal when you are on a pushbike/motorbike.

Totally agree with you on that one.
    jedster wrote:
    I'm afraid that much as what she did was awful I confess I too take a certain pleasure in seeing a right c0ck come unstuck.
    my bad

Certainly what he did was (proved to be) stupid, but I can't conclude that he's a right c0ck. If that car did close the gap on him as he was going through, he would have been grabbing the brakes and almost off the bike. Que a big dump of adrenaline, a lot of justifiable anger, and what looks like a fairly impotent kick out of frustration at the car.
    I guess you say that at that point he went from being the victim of someone elses driving to being a d1ck.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    As someone else on another thread said, do you think he would have controlled his adrenaline if it had been a van full of scaffolders rather than a woman on her own? I rather think so...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I thought it was going to be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjI-FXDemDg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rick_chasey
    bails87 wrote:

Hah! That took me by surprise!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    bails87 wrote:

Hah! That took me by surprise!

Boils my p155 when I see a cyclist going the wrong way down a cycle lane. Are they stupid? They deserve to be Darwinated.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Boils my p155 when I see a cyclist going the wrong way down a cycle lane. Are they stupid? They deserve to be Darwinated.

Had something very similar this morning. Set off from lights to find a bare chested tawt on a shite MTB coming the opposite way up the bus lane!

I really need to buy a helmet cam...