What do you mean it's only Tuesday?! Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Turns out this bacon farm want me to do very early starts. On a side not I should finish about 4 later though, still, it's going to be a fairly long day. Aside from smelling foul it's good fun, although some pigs did try to eat me yesterday but I've been promised I can get revenge when it comes to culling out stock :twisted:

So there ya go, bacon farming, followed by tennis this evening I think.

What you 'orrible lot up tp?

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    I think my body needs more sleep. I have vague recollections of turning the alarm off this morning, which led me to checking to see what time it was, turned out it was 10mins after the alarm! If I'd turned over, I'd probably be still asleep at 8 :lol:
    No matters, today is my last day at work for a week :D Tomorrow to prepare for Crudfest (and get some much needed sleep!). It's slowly dawning on me how unfit I am, so slightly worried, but never mind, I'll walk up the hills if necessary!

Laters :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Morning Burglars of the Turd,

Didn't get back from Yesterday evening's 15 miler around Macc Forest until 10:30 (OK, we did have a quick pint in The Leathers Smithy).

Alarm went off at 6am, need to get into the office early to finish a presentation for this morning's meeting @ 10 :(

But then it's not all bad, as we're playing golf after the meeting :D

PowerPoint here I come!!
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Work Meh.
    Maybe a ride
    Peter
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

30km ride last night went well and the legs feel ok today, only down side is i'm doing another ride tonight with my xc whippet mates tonight and there's no chance i'm going to be able to keep up with them :oops:

ah well, i'll just enjoy the weather :lol:

had some good news last night that a guy i work with who's a bit of a PITA at times is being investigated for bullying at work and they want to interview me.....result 8)

later bumders
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning Homos!

2 more sleeps!

Packed my bag last night and realized I need a bigger bag :lol: Fitting the clothes in is fine, even strapping the FF helmet and the sleeping bag to the front of the pack is fine. The problem comes when I go to throw in my bike pack, tools etc. Nontheless, some jiggery pokery will be had later on and it WILL fit, plus cakes. :)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Day off work today. Going to strip my bike down to the frame in a minute, and take it to get repaired. After that, I dunno what I'm going to do. Might take the other bike out for a blast.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Morning Ya'lll,

I spent last night down the pub with Mrs A's sister and new German boyfriend. (He’s alright for a krout) got in pretty late and I’m paying for it this morning, but on the plus the boss isn’t in so it shall be a day of much relaxation and feet on the desk.

My blood caffeine level needs raising. I’m off to get some ---> TEA

laters!
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Homos!

2 more sleeps!

Packed my bag last night and realized I need a bigger bag :lol: Fitting the clothes in is fine, even strapping the FF helmet and the sleeping bag to the front of the pack is fine. The problem comes when I go to throw in my bike pack, tools etc. Nontheless, some jiggery pokery will be had later on and it WILL fit, plus cakes. :)

Don't worry about tools really, I have a toolkit, and I'm pretty sure everyone else will. I've got a big rucksack thing, will hopefully get everything in that. How big is Ritchie's car? :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Another day with a decent hangover and a great feed of bacon. But last day on residential, so back to normality later
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Quiet week in work, having a knee operation tomorrow. So, i have taken the day off to have one last ma-hoo-sive bike ride for the foreseeable future.

Time to factor 50-up!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Whats this Cockjanglers, I'm at work an hour early,
    2 reasons for this, 1 my current boss is coming down to display his unique band of chaos and 2, avoid being climbed over and general getting in a state with the kids before work.

May ride tonight, may not, see how much chaos is caused during the day i suppose.

Its gonna be quiet around here when you guys are away.

Anywhoo theres coffee beans waiting!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    The Mrs and everyone else have f****d off to the beach and I'm stuck in the office!

Only 4 more days to go (including this one) and I'm counting every second.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Am I the only one who hasn't a clue what's going on? With all this talk of tools and stuffing bags, are you all going to Rhyl to rife Sheep's mum or something?
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning you buch of reprobates

This week is turning into a nightmare at work, considering I was hoping for an easy 4 day week before crudstock I am not a happy cazmo.
    Currently trying to make sure I know what I need to pick up on Thursday in preperation for the weekend. Think I have most of the stuff sourced apart from some form of lights (anyone know where I can get a high lum torch what can be gaffer taped to helmet?)
    Anyway I can hear the coffee cup calling.
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    hi-men...

Another sunny day, is this a record Norris?

Out with the club tonight, wasn't going to go as I need to rest but I have been assured its a social ride to a pub with a beer garden then necking a few pints and wobbling home, sounds good to me.

Spent last night fettling bikes after the weekends shinanigans, need sort the FS out tomorrow ready for crudfest
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • thekickingmule
    Am I the only one who hasn't a clue what's going on? With all this talk of tools and stuffing bags, are you all going to Rhyl to rife Sheep's mum or something?
    Probably.
    Yep, we're all off to Rhyl for a weekend of riding. We asked Sheep's to come with us but he turned us down, preferring to sit in his undercrackers watching TV.

Actually, we're off to Glentress and camping it up for the weekend, which CWNT is particularly looking forward to.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Glentress? Nice!
    First I've heard of it, you stealthy little ninjas!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Glentress? Nice!

lol, stealthy? It's only been up on the MTB Rides section since early May, with multiple references to it on here asking if anyone else wants to come.

Yeehaa, it's short notice (well, it fkin well isn't really :lol:), but if you are interested, you're welcome to come along.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Well its my day off and I was up at 8am. Took the bf to McD's on his way to work after I've given him my cold. Now to chill for the day.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Glentress? Nice!

lol, stealthy? It's only been up on the MTB Rides section since early May, with multiple references to it on here asking if anyone else wants to come.

Yeehaa, it's short notice (well, it fkin well isn't really :lol:), but if you are interested, you're welcome to come along.
    there's a "rides" section? Oh!
    I'd love to come, but I can't, really. My spare bike isn't up to glentress standards, I don't think the real bike will be running again in time, and I can't really afford it at the moment.
    I remember reading some murmurings of a get together ages ago, but it was going to be somewhere central? I dunno. Have fun anyway.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Fair enough. If you get the other bike fixed and change your mind, give us a shout. We're up there from Fri afternoon until Sun night. Accommodation is all sorted already so you'd not need to pay anything for it. If you keep quiet about how stabby you get in your sleep, someone might even have a spare space in their tent for you.

I believe there was a plan initially for a get together, and it was going to be central, then people started talking about how it had to be near somewhere to go for a plssup and I lost interest and decided to set something else up for those who like riding bikes. Chose GT because I've never been there.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I believe there was a plan initially for a get together, and it was going to be central, then people started talking about how it had to be near somewhere to go for a plssup and I lost interest and decided to set something else up for those who like riding bikes. Chose GT because I've never been there.
    I really can't make it, sadly.
    Actually the "big p*ss up" thing does ring a bell. I lost interest at that point because I have no interest in drinking, frankly. Never heard about any later changes to it.

If my main bike is running again this weekend, I need to start training for the enduro, really, so I'm looking to do a fu*kton of miles this weekend one way or another.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs

It's hot hot hot here.

Just waiting for my bike stuff to turn up. Might do some work, might not.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Back in the diff today until Thursday when I'm off to camp bestival, wish I'd took the tickets with me as I'd have happily gone straight there, but hey, women know best apparently. Glorious weekend had reminded me how much a) I love Devon and b) how hilly it is which gives potential for playing bikes there.

only problem is that I now really want a camper van, but that will have to wait for now.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Morning Missing Links,

Hot 'n' sunny today - day on bike planned for tomorrow when I'm guaranteed to boil to death but it'll be the first one in over 5 weeks so not complaining. Now getting a few car related jobs done and off out to the country for some ray this afternoon 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Knackered. Making bacons is hard work.

Still having landlord issues... he's refusing to provide us with the details of our deposit protection scheme or any evidence that there even is one :roll:

Just sent him notice that we'll be undertaking some proper legal proceedings unless he begins to cooperate. Got some decent advice on exactly what our rights are. He's pissed me off to the point that I'm actually enjoying seeing him digging his hole deeper and deeper. Don't need the money massively urgently now either as I've managed to take a loan from the parental units so I've got plenty of time to concentrate on it.