Tires: Panaracers or Armadillos

kikonameko
kikonameko Posts: 65
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Hi, my current hybrid sports a 700cx32 Bontrager race wheels. Its a bit on the heavy side ~500 gms. Im looking at changing those tires in the next few months and starting my research early :) I know theres a ton of choices there but as always the LBS here in my area (Shanghai, China) dont really carry a lot of choices.

im down to two options
- Panaracer t-serv: Lighter than the spesh, some reviews say it has good anti puncture, bad reviews saying dirt and debris gets stuck in its threads etc.

- Spesh Armadillo elites all weather: almost double the weight of the panaracers.. but its known for its unparalleled anti puncture system. almost double the price here where i am as well compared to the panaracers

im thinking of upgrading the thinner tires as well 700c x 25. Basically im upgrading bec i want thinner tires to gain a bit of acceleration. Im happy to put more mileage on my current set of wheels so im looking at upgrading around end of the year.

What do you guys think? appreciate the help.

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Use Panaracer TG, although the last one started to come off the weave.

And it's tyres btw.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Armadillos were too heavy for me, so I swapped mine out for conti sport contacts.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • kikonameko
    thanks for all the response.. looks like the Armadillos are looking pretty good :)
  • kikonameko
    ive been getting some rather not good feedbacks on armadillos in some places.. main problem being the ride being rougher than it should be.. anyone had this experience?