Monday Morning Smiles...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, it's Monday, I slept well, woke up thinking I was somewhere else and have a grin on my face. Why? Because in 4 days, an awesome weekend of biking is going to happen :mrgreen:
Today will consist of, hopefully, not much. I've a few things to buy from CRC but nothing too important that if it didn't come on time I'd be dissapointed.

That's about it really.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Still the weekend for me, I'm off to Kielder with the bike in a bit. Taking plenty painkillers with me, and soreen, should be good.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Bacon farming day 1. Got a late start because of health and safety crap too.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Nice day to be pounding the pedals at Cannock, man.

Shame I'm working, then!

Onwards! To consolitary coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Woke up at 7, still felt unrested, so I went back to sleep till just now. Still feel knackered, hmm.
    It's blowing a gale outside, so I'm pondering whether or not to ride to work whilst eating my breakfast.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning Losers!

Well, it's Monday, I slept well, woke up thinking I was somewhere else and have a grin on my face. Why? Because in 4 days, an awesome weekend of biking is going to happen :mrgreen:
    Today will consist of, hopefully, not much. I've a few things to buy from CRC but nothing too important that if it didn't come on time I'd be dissapointed.

That's about it really.

Laters!

3 more sleeps.

I could do to order some leg armour too, m pads are not really DH worthy. I'm thinking about giving Richie a ring later and seeing if it's ok if I get it delivered to his. Just gives me that extra day or 2 for it to arrive.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning monkies,

Feeling a little sleepy today, but today is good the sun is out and all is well.... other than work :P later troops
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning space cadets...

I'm 'easing myself in' this morning

Tired and aching after lots of riding this weekend, gonna take it easy this week (apart form riding to the pub that is) in preparation for the weekend's EPIC SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSScotland trip.... :D:D:D:D:D
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Drinking pain is increasing - still love residentials
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning you Bandits of Ar*e

God I hate monday mornings and as it looks like this is going to be a busy week due to a few issues with one of our systems I am glad it's only a 4 day week.
    Was at GT yesterday for a pre Crudstock recce and the good news is the trails were dry. Also managed to hit something that I've been wanting to try for ages (Jumping off side of board walk on essentials over the push up path) not particularly difficult but had always struggled to see the line for it. Also got ambushed by a tree on one the off piste trails, I swear that the bugger jumped out at me.
    Now onward to coffee by the bucket load.
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Monging,

Last week in work then Ihave 2 weeks off, can't frigging wait :)

Weekend consisted of a 16 mile ride and some DIY on Sunday the result of which is I'm aching like a good un.

Hoping for a relaxed week in work because the brain ain't geared up for anything too taxing.

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ah, fu*k.
    Riding to work this morning, the bike feels very strange, turns out I've fractured one of the suspension linkages on the marin.
    Bummer.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Morning crudmonkeys.

This morning is a waste of time. I'm having to sit in and wait for E.on to come around. Something to do with my gas meter. To kill time I've been tweaking my race BMX and have got some bacon and sausages cooking for a mid-morning snack
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Freezer defrosted, tea in the slow cooker, hoovered, just need a shower and pick up lil Miss Mak3m, then I, feeling a serious bout of lying in the garden, to see what effect this strange yellow orb, hanging in an unsettling pure blue sky, has on my skin.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning(ish) Cockjanglers,
    Awesome weekend was Awesome, started my new working Hrs today, i'm now doing 10-19:00, this means a couple of things,
    1 i dont have to set an alarm,
    2 i get to see my kids,
    3 i get to drive/ride to work without many fecknuggets on the road
    4 all the shoot from the night before at work is normally sorted :)

I'm now very jealous of all you crudites going to Crudstock, as it looks like your going to have Ace weather for it.
    I'm just looking forward to hitting some dry trails at some point in the near future?

Anywhoo onwards to lunchiepoos
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

im ever so slightly still hung over from saturday night which was pretty excellent.

im on leave for 3 weeks which is very pretty excellent and operation "sitting in my undercrackers in front of the telly" has begun.

sideways
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs

Today is Monday, but not a Monday of fail as the sun's out and I've been wandering around the beach all morning. For work.

Had an awsome weekend consisting of Woodcraft Folk (hippy stuff, but I got to burn things) on Saturday, Horse riding event yesterday, all accompanied by much bike riding on both mornings. Also had agreement from the other half for bike number 4, which is another road bike so I'll run and hide before the abuse starts, still at least I'm not trying to get somebody to clear my garden.

Now only four more days and I'm on leave for a week, with no phone coverage, hence no calls.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    sitting in my undercrackers in front of the telly

What’s on the schedule for today then? How it’s made, Jerry Kyle or Myth Busters maybe?

Afternoon folks,

Back to work after 5 days off.. Surprisingly not feeling too bad about it! Mrs A said she woke up to me laughing in my sleep this morning. Not sure what was so funny though?! :?

We decided on the weekend to move to the next town over (where I work) so aside from being away from all the little ball sacks that hang around our car I can also ride to work! WIN! :lol: We just need to wait on the credit checks to come back then I'll be filling boxes with all my crap!
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Ah, fu*k.
    Riding to work this morning, the bike feels very strange, turns out I've fractured one of the suspension linkages on the marin.
    Bummer.

un-lucky!

really though, that's pretty bad news. What's the plan then, new frame? or try to get it fixed?

You reckon this happened at the new DH trails you did at the weekend?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ah, fu*k.
    Bummer.

un-lucky!

really though, that's pretty bad news. What's the plan then, new frame? or try to get it fixed?

You reckon this happened at the new DH trails you did at the weekend?
    Probably at the DH trail, yeah. I thoguht the shock had foamed up as the damping was "unusual" later in the day. Turns out my bike was like spaghetti! :lol:
    Going to strip the bike down to the frame tomorrow morning and take it to a local bike shop, should be able to get the new linkage on warranty, no hardship.

EDIT: - I have to give big kudos to ATB sales. The shop I bought it from has shut down, and the nearest Marin Dealer is a company that I've lost faith in a long time ago. I called them up, and they were very friendly, and instructed me to take it to a shop (which isn;t even a shop anymore, it's a bike rental service) that used to be a Marin dealer years ago. The lady on the phone knew the shop owner by first name (as do I), and said they'd be happy so sort it out between me, him and them - they've always had a good relationship with him, and probably always will, she said.
    So, yeah, it's gutting that it snapped, but big shout out to them for being so helpful and friendly about it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Afternoon 'Tards,

Better late than never. Been out ferrying the kid around to her holiday activities and generally trying to keep her amused (no bikes involved :( ). Now trying to cool off - the house is boiling after we left it closed up all day and even opening all the windows hasn't helped that much - think I need a cold beer. Lazy evening in front of the box beckons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • YeehaaMcgee
    This is what I done :(
    251962_10151140029622228_1541142936_n.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    nice!

Just as well you didn't attempt another run or you could well have crossed the line on your face.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    nice!

Just as well you didn't attempt another run or you could well have crossed the line on your face.
    I think I may have done several runs of the black, and a few more runs of the red and blue, after that happened, actually :lol:
    There was definitely a point after which I got annoyed with myself for not being able to rail berms at all anymore - I thought my DH-fu had left me. I kept understeering and having to hammer the anchors.

Has to be a fault in the metal, I think - the aluminium seems very porous at the break, and if the other half of it managed to hold the bike together through all that hammering, and the fact it's still rideable with a huge part of the linkage just "floating" then it's testament to it's (normal) strength :shock:
  • sheepsteeth
    rail berms

you must have been super stoked and you must have ben feding off each other?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    rail berms

you must have been super stoked and you must have ben feding off each other?
    Hell yes! It was a great day, and many such meaningless utterings were said. I think it's impossible not to when you're dressed like a stormtrooper and you're high on adrenaline.
    How are you, big man? You seem to have vanished of late.
  • sheepsteeth
    Haha, sounds like an excellent day!

im good thanks. Ive been ultra busy getting ready to go away in september and havent had much time to do anything other than eat sleep or work.

ive been having a bit of a bike hiatus too, i just cant find the time to get out on the bike when im having to concetrate on other fitness.
  • VWsurfbum
    So you fecknuggets whos gonna watch ITV4 @20:00Hrs?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • sheepsteeth
    VWsurfbum wrote:

not me, it'll be all about road and track cycling
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:

not me, it'll be all about road and track cycling
    Yeah thats my thoughts, But Nigella Mansell is on and he may give Moustache tips?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Afternoon All,

Spent most of the morning in the garden with little one, better half got home from work and they both went napping, thought it would be rude to not get out on the bike, went out for a bit of exploration and ended up on the fire roads around swinley, now i know its not too far away think i shall be riding up there a litte more often now the good weather is here! well for as long as it stays anywho!

Work from now till 7am.. MEH

Laters