Recommended Bike Repair/Workshop in Nottingham

lunartick
lunartick Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

New to this Forum and just started trying to get back on my bike again. Hopefully after some advice.

I have a Carrera Banshee which I bought in 2004. Was used for a bit on and off then in the shed for a few years, with the odd outing.

I have recently just started biking to work, which is a 3 mile each way trip on roads/paths, up and down hill. I have also been to Sherwood Pines with a couple of friends a few times.

Bike has never really had anything done to it, I certainly haven't maintain it well, but hasn't had too much use. Once a month at work we have a chap come in who will take a look at the bike and give it the once over, which I had done a few weeks back. Said all was ok. But I have noticed in the last week, especially this morning that there is a terrible metal on metal crunching/graunching noise coming from either the pedals or the crank I think it is.

Not very bike minded, so figured after 8 years might be a good idea to get it looked at/serviced. I have seen places offering a comprehensive service or equivalent name ranging between £50 - £100 where is looks like they literally strip and rebuild the bike. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    you could speak to the guys at Sherwood Pines if you pass through quite regularly? I've never had anything done there, but they always seem alright when i've spoken to them
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Take it to freewheel down Hockley in Notts city centre, they know what they're doing in there. A strip down/service isn't necessary. Any good bike shop will be able to figure out what is making the noise and sort it, rather than having to do a general service. Unless it really needs one, of course.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5