Tour de France 2012: Should it be on TV?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,799
    Haha.

I love how so many people think it's an amateur thing.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    "I don't understand".

Thats the problem.

I can't stand American rounders. Doesn't mean I rant against those who watch.

Troll or dumb. I am not going to contribute to a troll and if he genuinely wants to learn then he is going about it the wrong way.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    nweststeyn wrote:

+1

...& that accent, are there really 275,000,000 knobheads over there ?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    vitesse169 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

+1

...& that accent, are there really 275,000,000 knobheads over there ?

311,591,917 apparently, which is a lot more than I thought.

But I liked Jeremy Clarkson's take on it........"311 million w@nkers with no word for w@nker"

The older I get, the better I was.

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i'm still confused as how the americans can have a tournament called the world series
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I'm an ex basketball player (ex, because I've taken more to cycling and training for both sports is completely counter productive) and it used to do my head in when, at the buzzer of the playoff finals, the announcers would scream - AND LA LAKERS ARE WORLDDDDD CHAMPIONSSSSSSS.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    One word and one number: Indy 500.
    Cars drive round an oval for 500 miles...wtf?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The man's an idiot. And when was it filmed anyway? To the end of the 60s? It's video, on hard disks. Filmed... Blimey - what an idiot. Pfft.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Haha.

I love how so many people think it's an amateur thing.
    I thought I was the only one who encountered these people. :roll:
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Redhog14 wrote:

Well, then you are showing the same level of ignorance as the guy in the video....
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Peat wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:

Well, then you are showing the same level of ignorance as the guy in the video....

This^
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He is wearing a "Trust me I'm a Doctor T shirt", I don't think he is a doctor at all, that equates with him being a shifty liar IMHO and not to be trusted or listened to. :D
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    i'm still confused as how the americans can have a tournament called the world series

Apparently - and don't take this as definitive - in one version of the explanation I've read, it was originally sponsored by a newspaper called The World*. The paper went bust after a while, but the name stuck.

David

*Any newspaper with "The World" in its title would seemingly be doomed to eventual failure. If you know of any exceptions to the rule, write to Mrs. R. Brooks, c/o Chipping Norton Job Centre. ;)
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Apparently - and don't take this as definitive - in one version of the explanation I've read, it was originally sponsored by a newspaper called The World*. The paper went bust after a while, but the name stuck.

David

*Any newspaper with "The World" in its title would seemingly be doomed to eventual failure. If you know of any exceptions to the rule, write to Mrs. R. Brooks, c/o Chipping Norton Job Centre. ;)

Urban myth: http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    afx237vi wrote:

David

Urban myth: http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp

Dear me - and I only learnt of the (incorrect) snippet of info from Geoffrey Wheatcroft's excellent book Le Tour. Obviously not so well researched in parts as I thought. :(

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    I want to know where this guy works, sounds like a great place, big TV screens to watch the Tour!