Kent ride August Sunday 12th 7.15am

sandian
sandian Posts: 68
Hi all,

I am a newbie to the site, how are we all?

A friend (44) and i (39) are doing a ride from Sittingbourne retail park to Whitstable harbour and back, roughly 35 miles (maybe go onto Herne Bay or Reculver for a few extra miles :wink: ).
We are both road bike users, any bikes more than welcome to tag along.
We are both fathers and do our rides a bit earlier to enable us to get back at a half sensible hour, most clubs etc don't normally meet til around 9.
I am hoping to start a small gathering, organising rides out every other Sunday in and around Kent, starting with a small easy ride out as mentioned above, most other rides will be around 50 miles and above.

Please reply if interested.

Thanks

Ian

Ps. Hope i posted in correct place

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi, good idea. I might come and join you as, like you say clubs dont usually meet til 9 ish and it can get late. Where exactly are you meeting up ?
  • sandian
    We will meet at Mcdonalds carpark.
    If driving there, loads of space/safe to leave the car anywhere in the retail park!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    sandian wrote:
    We will meet at Mcdonalds carpark.
    If driving there, loads of space/safe to leave the car anywhere in the retail park!!

Will be riding in from Rainham, roads will be nice and quiet that time in the morning. :)
  • So you'll be at Whitstable harbour about 08:30 I guess. I might try and meet you there to show some support.

I also wish that my local clubs would start nice and early.
  • sandian
    Cool.

Any takers??

My pal has cancelled due to other commitments so will be on me lonesome (violins)!!
  • I'm still ok for this, is anyone still going?
  • sandian
    Only me by the looks of things!
    Oh well!!

I shall still enjoy the ride :D
  • Fair dinkum.

I'll be at Whitstable harbour for 08:30, barring rain or mechanical incident. I'll be lurking by the RNLI station.

Cheers,
    Mel.
  • Didn't see anyone, trust you didnt come a cropper.
  • sandian
    Sorry mate, apologies!
    I did go, got a puncture in Ospringe which set me back (and the odd wrong turn), tried a repair which didn't work, so ended up changing tube!
    I did come into harbour but was about 9.30-9.45.
    Was on me lonesome as expected.
    Went up just before Reculver in the end, 66 mile round trip.
    Better luck next time.
    Will be doing it again soon, as it was such a lovely ride out/back, through lovely country lanes etc, stopping in/at Reculver, let you know!!

Cheers
    Ian
  • Glad you got there in the end. I'll keep my eyes peeled for future outings.
  • Sorry, had to work the Sat night and completely forgot about meeting up. Apologies, look to next time ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...