The Naked Rambler

2»

Comments

• BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Is this still going on? It's a naked man FFS. OK, some may be offended, but now we've seen the (alleged) monster who may at loose in your community, can we get over it and move on?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Just for your entertainment and delectation - He has been arrested again.

Seeing as how everyone thinks it is acceptable behaviour, why are all the press photos pixelated or censored?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,958
    What is the bigger threat to me, the dangerous motorist who'll smash my torso to pieces and possibly kill me or a naked guy walking in a field...please tell me Mr. Policeman as I'm not sure, I've no doubt you'll make the right decision...oh hang on, you'd rather violently attack people from behind and deny culpability when they suddenly die.

Not seen traffic laws being enforced properly for years yet they are all over this guy like a rash. Cnuts.

Rant done for the weekend :wink:
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I hope the Scottish Criminal Justice System does it's job and punishes this man FOREVER!

After all, if he used to be in the Marines (heroes, along with all servicemen :wink: ) he will be used to being naked amongst other men and I'm sure a trip to the showers won't bother him either.

Excellent...the man wants to stride naked o'er hill and bog and you lock him up because his bits may scare someone. A capercaillie or grouse maybe?

Whatever, he's made his point and is now a political prisoner, eh?

FFS, the government tell us we are under possible attack from (insert latest scare here) and a naked man gets us all really scared.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    daviesee wrote:

Seeing as how everyone thinks it is acceptable behaviour, why are all the press photos pixelated or censored?

Well, it certainly does not delight or entertain me to learn he has been re-arrested. Going by the previous 10 years or so I presume the Scottish legal system is going to continue punishing this man, with further imprisonment and solitary confinement. This has gone beyond whether or not he has breached codes of "decency" or the "peace". This is about a system, society and communities who just cannot cope with someone who will not or cannot conform to today's "norms". If he was an evil, dangerous individual and a genuine threat to all then prison may be justified but Stephen Gough, swinging in the breeze? I suspect if he was left alone and we ignored him, perhaps he would eventually get bored, wet and cold and find something else to do.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    daviesee wrote:
    I don't consider it entertaining or find him delectable but if that's what floats your boat, enjoy. :)
    Although a rhetorical question, they're covered because of press guidelines which have to pander to the lowest common denominator, plus there's an issue of proportional response as the numbers seeing a press photo are far higher than would see him out walking so a press photo is more likely to upset the hoards of lowest common denominators.

Alternatively, it's a tease for those that find him delectable to let their imagination run wild at the thoughts of what treasures lie below. something else for you to enjoy :wink:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    daviesee wrote:
    I don't consider it entertaining or find him delectable but if that's what floats your boat, enjoy. :)
    Although a rhetorical question, they're covered because of press guidelines which have to pander to the lowest common denominator, plus there's an issue of proportional response as the numbers seeing a press photo are far higher than would see him out walking so a press photo is more likely to upset the hoards of lowest common denominators.

Alternatively, it's a tease for those that find him delectable to let their imagination run wild at the thoughts of what treasures lie below. something else for you to enjoy :wink:
    I have highlighted the key word in the first sentence for emphasis. I was trying to add some humour. Failed obviously but there you go.
    No details yet but there are reports of a disturbance so it wasn't just the Police waiting to nab him.

I was trying to widen the debate instead of concentrating on one eccentric. The press guidelines are there for a similar reason to the law.
    How can we alter things to allow more freedom but still protect from pervs?
    I guess by "lowest common denominators", you mean the majority of the population? That's democracy. Right or wrong.

Simply asking. You will note - No personal opinions or aggression. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    Man gets repeatedly imprisoned for walking about butt naked.
    Rioter gets jailed for 6 months for nicking a bottle of water.
    MP commit fraud and gets to pay back monies as he forgot.
    Lorry driver kills a cyclist and is fined £200.

Doesn't seem any balance in the justice system.

I also bet that half the people moaning about the naked rambler would be fine if the naked rambler was a good looking woman........or would moan along the lines of 'how disgusting, 'm going to repeatedly stare and shake my head'.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    in the documentary about him he had a fit young bird with him but he invited another one along. the two birds got stuck into it and he was left on his own, which was brilliant, the blokes a knacker. definitely hoy away the key
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    All very amusing when you consider what the chief of Tayside police is in trouble for...
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    It costs approx. £40,000 a year to keep this guy locked up, plus court costs etc.

I'm glad we have all this money to spend on such a good cause :roll:
    The older I get the faster I was