Afan and Cwcarn

Alan P
Alan P Posts: 127
edited July 2012 in Routes
I'm planning a trip to do these two on Sunday. Early start if anybody fancies joining me....9.30am start pedalling at Afan and then over to Cwcarn after lunch :D

Does anybody know what the conditions are like there at the moment. Is it muddy and boggy or has it held up well after the three months of rain we've had now :roll: ? Next question, should I go with mud tyres or drys? My choices (without spending) are Maxxis Minions or a Hutchinson Cougar/Cobra combo.

Cheers
Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Cwm is perfect, half hour of sun and its mostly dry, best wet track i've ever know!

as for Afan when ever i go there and it's rained the best i can describe it as is sandy :s normaly tyres neither are muddy to much bed rock for that.
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    Thanks, I'll stick the Hutchies back on then
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)
  • mini-eggs
    mini-eggs Posts: 811
    Been up afan a lot lately, was there last night

Be aware, Whites Level / W2 it is all open until you reach the end of NRG. Then there is a diversion that takes you back up to the top and across to link up with the descent of Skyline trail. The diversion is quite a bit of a climb and adds 2-3km to the ride.

Wall is fully open and riding well.

Its great weather here at the moment and looks to be all week, its very dry in afan at mo, dusty / sandy in places. Stick with a fast rolling dry tyre for sure.
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop