The Official Thursday Morning Thread™...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Had a nice relaxing night last night, potting seedlings into pots. Strangely relaxing. As a result, I've slept really well, so feeling quite good today (having only been up 20 mins!)
Finishing off my last order today. Once this is sorted and set up, I can relax a bit at work, as this is what I need to do before leaving for Crudfest '12! Which is going to be awesome!

Anywho, Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Cockjanglers.
    Last night left work, got eyes tested, ordered new glasses, got home, then it pissed down so i didnt go out on bike. fannyed around on internet and thought its not raining i should be out on my bike. bugger its 8o'clock, Grrr so took vwdog out for a ride then went over the car park to practice wheelies and manuals, still getting better but not aced them yet :roll:

Supersonicsmate recomended an iceland chicken tika lasagne for a £1. its the worst £1 i have ever spent. dont do it.

Anywhoo imminent arrival of boss type people so time to look busy :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    eyup farksacks, no boss in work today - hopefully sail by the hours and my nexus7 is due to arrive, just hope it doesn't lash it down by hometime as i don't fancy trying to protect my new toy from torrential rains on my commute home.

New dev guy at work is in for a shock if he whinges again about his fudging setup one more time, maybe in hospital later to remove my big toe from his arse

enjoy your wish it was friday day.. & roll on teh weekend!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    meeting and grief - great
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Fecking knackered. Got a call late yesterday afternoon asking me to play a couple of tennis matches. They lasted too long and now I'm basically dead. Today is doctors followed by monging around and resting.

Laters
  • Allright wasters.

Got work, then need to fit the new chain on my full sus ready for Sunday.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Allright wasters.

dont lie, your a roadie at heart Ray and what you mean is that you bought some new lycra and your going to looking at yourself in the mirror all day.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening,

Ride tonight so all is well...

Terah
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    mornin buffoons...

Went out last night and had a ride round the proposed course for friday nights race venue... I think there may be carnage in a couple of bits, but hey that's character building.... need more new bits on the Scandal, can't believe how much damage this shite weather is doing to my drivetrain.... either that or xt rings are made of cheese, think i'll get a middleburn hardened one... unless you lot have any other recommendations - 10spd 38t?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    pilch wrote:
    middleburn hardened one...

That's what I call my obvious.

Mornin' mouse chasers

Today started with bacons. Win.
    Until I head home from work, thats about the highlight of my day. Damn.
    Coffee. Coffee will make it all seem better. Or at least make it seem a lot more jittery and slightly paranoid! :lol:

Onwards! To caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Back in work after two days off and struggling to keep awake. It is only just gone 10 and the caffeine is not doing what is required of it. I guess lots more is going to be required to see this day through.

Later……
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Allright wasters.

dont lie, your a roadie at heart Ray and what you mean is that you bought some new lycra and your going to looking at yourself in the mirror all day.

he means he got his chains on and full suspenders, he's off to see the Rocky Horror show. Oh and iceland chicken tikka lasagnes are ok, not great food but ive had far worse quid microwave meals

Mornin Scuttlers

Sitting here watching the golf in my pants (which is an odd place for a round of golf especially as the rough has been untended on the front 9 and the back 9 is extremely tight) going to pop some tyres on amy in a bit for a blast around cwm later with Mr Waylander. Apres ca (which is french for after that) I will be loading the car up with my family sized pop up and heading down to northern devon for the weekend for a chill.

tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning

Nothing much to report.
    Saw this and thought of you http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ne-too-far

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Allright wasters.

he means he got his chains on and full suspenders, he's off to see the Rocky Horror show. Oh and iceland chicken tikka lasagnes are ok, not great food but ive had far worse quid microwave meals

Mornin Scuttlers

Sitting here watching the golf in my pants (which is an odd place for a round of golf especially as the rough has been untended on the front 9 and the back 9 is extremely tight) going to pop some tyres on amy in a bit for a blast around cwm later with Mr Waylander. Apres ca (which is french for after that) I will be loading the car up with my family sized pop up and heading down to northern devon for the weekend for a chill.

tarrah

Blast? pootle is the word i liek to apply to my riding :)
  • Gazlar

pootle is the word i liek to apply to my riding :)

Hmmm in the midlands Poot is slang for a woman worth pulling (example Foxc is a top bit of poot) a pootle is a girl with obvious potential, but is ultimately underage, hence you are suggesting you like to ride underage girls?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    If there is grass on the wicket.... noooo no no i didnt say that lol
  • Gazlar

I knew it

you are a cricket fan
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Youngsters are overrated IMO cant beat a bit of GILF... always try a bit harder and you get a good fryup in the morning
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Thewaylander
    Gazlar wrote:

I knew it

you are a cricket fan

i just like a neat lawn......
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Gazlar wrote:

I knew it

you are a cricket fan

i just like a neat lawn......

Nothing like a bit of virgin

grass to play on
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning Mongs,

Still feel like a lump of dog turd and Mrs 666 is not to well either. Looks like it's going to be a fun day! Was trying to get out for a few beers tonight but have a funny feeling that won't happen...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Was hoping for an easy day......but it's since been filled with farking Skype conference calls. I much prefer the good old days when meetings were held face to face around a table. At least then you used to get a cup of coffee or two made for you.

I remember going to one such meeting about 15 years ago and as I walked into the office it was some geezers leaving party and they had a stripper dancing around the office. I miss those sort of meetings.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Working all day, then off to Morzine at 5. God it's dragging!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Majski wrote:

i hate you :wink:

have a great time mate 8)

i'm currently sat by the runway watching planes take off and land as i update spreadsheets (fun) as i got bored of sitting in the office.

going to go to the shops and lunchtime and pick myself up some new trainers and some energy gels - i live a rock and roll lifestyle i tells ya.

laters
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    welshkev wrote:
    Majski wrote:

i hate you :wink:

have a great time mate 8)

Cheers. I'm stocking up on proper food today before a week of horrific french food. Just had a bacon, sausage + hash brown bap. Going to the chippy for lunch and having a curry tonight.

I give it till tuesday before I have to go to L'etale for a steak
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    my family sized pop up

Which the the alternative name for my obvious.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

i decided i couldnt wait to start my leave on saturday so i have booked today and friday off too.

last night was a good one in the mess. there was 200 quid* behind the bar to convince people to stay and help dress the place up for the summer ball on saturday and i stayed untll it was all drunk.

tonight is a pre-leave drink up in my squadron bar so i shall go along and get leathered again too.

it has been a good week: knocked off on monday after flying back from jordan, had tuesday off, went in yesterday only to knock off for the bar at about midday and then have the rest of this and the following 3 weeks off work, Good eh!

thanks for paying your taxes!

*all drinks cost less than a quid in the mess
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    As you're sitting arround on your backside sponging off the taxpayer for the next 3 weeks, why not join the cruddy weekender next weekend. You could be the 3rd Bionicon owner attending (after myself and AndyRM). Plenty of opportunity to leave many people in ditches with backwards heads.

It'll be fun on a bun.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    As you're sitting arround on your backside sponging off the taxpayer for the next 3 weeks, why not join the cruddy weekender next weekend. You could be the 3rd Bionicon owner attending (after myself and AndyRM). Plenty of opportunity to leave many people in ditches with backwards heads.

It'll be fun on a bun.

that is a good idea actually but i will be going away for a bit so am planning to let nothing get in the way o me sitting on my necessary for the next 3 weeks.