Paris to Barcelona route?

m0nkeyman77
m0nkeyman77 Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in Tour & expedition
hi my first post and will be my first "cycling holiday" :)
ok basically from the 8-15th of august i will be cycling from paris to barcelona, just wanted to know if anyone has gone a similar way before any recommendations where to stop? roads to avoid? i pretty much plugged it into bikely and dragged it to where i wanted to stay.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/paris-barca-1

here is basic plan of where i was going to stay the night then, i chose generally bigger towns because i was struggling to find a decent choice of hotels/hostels in the smaller places

8th- blois ~120miles
9th-limoges~ 140 miles
10th- brive~ 65 miles
11th- cahors~ 65 miles
12th- toulouse~ 75 miles
13th- foix~ 55 miles
14th- berga~ 85 miles
15th- barcelona~ 75miles

any other tips would be welcome as well

thanks in advance

Comments

• have you considered the mileage on the first day? where are you staying paris if you are staying overnight? how are you planning to get out of paris? the route, the traffic, ensuring you're going the right way, etc., will doubtless have an affect on your average speed. is 120 miles realistic?
  • dazza3512
    dazza3512 Posts: 58
    r u on a motorbike ?
    He travels fastest who travels alone
  • have you considered the mileage on the first day? where are you staying paris if you are staying overnight? how are you planning to get out of paris? the route, the traffic, ensuring you're going the right way, etc., will doubtless have an affect on your average speed. is 120 miles realistic?

hi, i wasnt going to be staying in paris that day arriving on eurostar at 11ish after an hour or so then would be on my way, with regards to getting out of paris im now thinking of trying to get a train to the outskirts, or maybe even as far as orleans? would cut a lot of the ride off then and save me spending 2 hours getting lost and trying to get out of the city!