Winchester 100 - Sportive

bianchibob
bianchibob Posts: 306
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
Not sure how many if anyone on the Forum took part in last Sundays, Action Medical Research - Winchester 100.
This was the first Sportive I had ever done so was not to sure as to what I was letting myself in for, I needn't have worried the day was professionally organised, starting with a very picturesque but challenging route through Hampshire and the New Forest, the feed stations were well placed and the food and its quality were excellent.

Overall it was a super day out, the weather was very kind to us, the hills were not kind to me, but the feeling I got from riding with like minded and interesting people and bikes was fantastic.

I had already entered the Surrey 100 on Sep. 2nd, the experience I gained last Sunday has now meant I can't wait for this one......need to practice my hill climbing !!

Once again a big thank you to all staff and organisers at Action Medical Research and to all the people I met and rode with on the day.

Comments

• Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    I'll second that. Although I would have prefered the first feed station a little further along the route
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel