Why is it only Wednesday!?

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!
Feeling very knackered today, and didn't even do anything last night! Watched Sin Nombre, good film.

Today, I will be behind a mixing desk, trying to figure out why only half of it is working. Woo. I imagine I won't figure it out.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning nobbers,

If i still have a job at the end of the day i'm doing well, if i dont rip the heads off of at least 3 people in todays meeting while doing my war cry, i should also be doing well.
    I dont tollerate idiots well, and i have a meeting with the chief one today up in cambridge, so i'll be off the in a sec.

Other than that i have thee bike crammed in the car, and the plan is to go jumping tonight?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Morning nobbers,

If i still have a job at the end of the day i'm doing well, if i dont rip the heads off of at least 3 people in todays meeting while doing my war cry, i should also be doing well.
    I dont tollerate idiots well, and i have a meeting with the chief one today up in cambridge, so i'll be off the in a sec.

Other than that i have thee bike crammed in the car, and the plan is to go jumping tonight?
    temporary-31.jpg
    temporary-29.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Morning nobbers,

Got that feeling today too, must be an angry vibe in the air

Other than the above it's work, work, work with no rest. Off to MBA school on friday for a five day residential, but with work issues anticipated & uncles funeral on Friday got a feeling I might fail the course on the bit I enjoy most (ie, drinking/running with a bit of study thrown back in)
  • Flamez
    Flamez Posts: 105
    A good day for roadies on the TDF with the Col De Tourmalet... Epic
    Condor World Series 2012
    Boardman Team 2011
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' peados

Not sure what today holds, work wise, but I'll do enough to look busy and seem constructive. I may audit some of our plant. For s**ts and giggles. 'Cos that's how I roll, me.

Anyhoo, SWMBO is working in the area over the next few days so will be staying at mine for a few nights - this should give the bed springs a thorough working over. Excellent. Add to this that tonight is Wendesday, which means out with friends for yatter and chow, and I'm actually in a fairly good mood.

On top of this, my 9am meeting includes bacons. F***ing ay!

Onwards! To coffee! And bacons, and a little bit of the ol' slap and tickle.

Giggidy.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Flamez wrote:
    A good day for roadies on the TDF with the Col De Tourmalet... Epic

And you can keep THAT kind of language to yourself, too.

Disgraceful.

What do you think this is, the road section?

Go on. Out! Be gone with you!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Today, I will be behind a mixing desk, trying to figure out why only half of it is working. Woo. I imagine I won't figure it out.

Laters!

probably dry solder, if you pick the desk up and drop it it'll start working again :wink::lol:

today will be spent trying not to be too bored and resting my knee after a crash on the bike last night. well, when i say crash, i mean slide sideways in the mud into a tree :lol:

we've decided to put our house up for sale so have the estate agents coming around later so i'm going to try and skive off early to tidy up.

laters
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Went for one of them all you can eat Chinese buffet style meals last night and the gut certanly knows about it this morning. Usual early morning walk with the hounds has been postponed because yet again it's p*****g down.

Hoping for a relaxed day in work today because ain't in the mood for enything to taxing, think it may very well be "one of those days".

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Meh day today. Might play some tennis or ride some bikes, possibly even both, if I ride bikes I imagine it'll be the road bike.

Will also be chasing old landlord for my deposit back, it's been almost a month since I moved out and he's being an annoying knob about it, at first he was trying to say he was keeping it because of "damage caused" now we've told him that he's talking bollocks, shown him photos of the flat when we moved in and moved out he's started stalling :roll:

Laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola peeps,

Another day of work....

And bumboy, jumping on a 29er? you like to set yourself a challenge eh!
  • VWsurfbum
    Well practice what you ride on most I guess, and as I haven't started on a jump bike build yet its either a squishy or a rigid to play on.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • thekickingmule
    welshkev wrote:
    probably dry solder, if you pick the desk up and drop it it'll start working again :wink::lol:
    Trying to pick it up would do my back out! :lol: Not attempting anything that may kill me before Crudfest 2012! :lol:

[rant]To be honest, it's the cable connecting the sound cards that's the problem. I knew we shouldn't have bought them (they cost £220 each [we have 2] and I could have built them for £15 all in, but, what do I know! :roll: ) [/rant]
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Will also be chasing old landlord for my deposit back, it's been almost a month since I moved out and he's being an annoying knob about it, at first he was trying to say he was keeping it because of "damage caused" now we've told him that he's talking bollocks, shown him photos of the flat when we moved in and moved out he's started stalling :roll:
    Is your deposit not held by a third party? I thought they all were now. It's a brilliant system, as they are completely impartial and send surveyors round if they need to.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Morning Pond Life,

Feeling marginally better today but still not right so going round to see a mate who been signed off work for a few weeks to talk bollox and drink coffee. At least I got up in the morning today :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Is your deposit not held by a third party? I thought they all were now. It's a brilliant system, as they are completely impartial and send surveyors round if they need to.

Yep, I'm under the impression all deposits have to be held in a protection scheme, although there are a couple of types. Supercunt flatmate was in charge of all our paperwork stuff, (I mean I've got a copy of the contract but it says nothing about the deposit in it) he has the stuff we signed initially which I assume would have details, he's lost it. He's also too busy to try and find it or help in sorting the situation out :roll: Must be nice for £600 not to matter that much for him but I kind of need it for the deposit on my next house... I'll shortly be getting the mother involved, I wouldn't normally, I like to sort things myself but she knows a lot about money and legal crap as it's her job. She's also a fucking psychopath.
  • thekickingmule
    :lol: Your Mum sounds a bit like my Mum!
    I can't remember the website we used for our deposit, but we could log onto ours and start a complaint against the landlord if they didn't deliver. They usually side with the tenant more than the landlord too. Good luck with it!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    did you miss me?
    Been busy work/home usual boring stuff. Packed the bike last night for Morzine, used my riding boots to protect the forks/brake as you do.
    Tonight will be packing the suitcase/hand luggage. 3 sleeps.
    Today I'm skiving while applying for a job at A.N. Other University.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    :lol: Your Mum sounds a bit like my Mum!
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I'll shortly be getting the mother involved, I wouldn't normally, I like to sort things myself but she knows a lot about money and legal crap as it's her job. She's also a ******* psychopath.

I'd like a go on them ;)

Allo scuttlers

I missed you on here Foxc, but I had fun watching you pack the bike ;)

errr yeah, wednesday, still up to not much. my coat and bag arrived from my wmb subscription, pretty good stuff so ordered me some dare2b shorts and bits and pieces to try.

now i'm off to go outdoors do a bit of shop lifting etc etc
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Afternoon
    did you miss me?
    Been busy work/home usual boring stuff. Packed the bike last night for Morzine, used my riding boots to protect the forks/brake as you do.
    Tonight will be packing the suitcase/hand luggage. 3 sleeps.
    Today I'm skiving while applying for a job at A.N. Other University.

Kisses
    FoxC

No i just assumed Gaz had finally finished you off, or vice versa....
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Evening plugs, sockets and everyone inbetween

Today has been one of my most productive in a long time i've managed to p*** off the entire warehouse at work and mates girlfriend just by calling them all a bunch of kin retards and the same with the mates missus, turns out she works in the butty shop that farked my bacon sandwich up yesterday by putting brown sauce on it and she doesn't like being refaired to as a "Window licking, Joey Decon looking burn victim".

Celebrated the said upset with bacons for tea and fitted new tyres on my brothers bike making a little coin in the process 8)
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • VWsurfbum
    I dunno, people are so frickin touchy about being called retards!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    VWsurfbum wrote:

I thought the same thing, the only one who didn't get offended gets called it daily by me anyway only because he freaks out if you go to touch his ear
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Because they are mongs
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Because they are mongs
    talking of mongs, i have the minister of chaos down tomorrow at work :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Because they are mongs

Theresa May?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Evening all.

Not a bad today although it rained managed to get out on the bike for a bit with child attached and explore some of the fire roads near by, he enjoyed it and it was nice to get out again!

Now i just need to clean the the darn thing.. worst part about riding in the wet and mud!

Tomorrow may be much of the same depending on weather and what mood the child is in!
  • VWsurfbum
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Because they are mongs

Theresa May?
    strangely close, well linked anyway :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty