Fineshade Woods, Northampton

extrusion
extrusion Posts: 247
Just thought i'd let you know about this place if you don't already.

Took the family to Fineshade Woods in Northampton on Sunday, been a while since I was last there. They have a 5.5 mile cycle trail that has a decent surface all the way round. But also, lo and behold they have installed Skills Loops, which are small circuits of blue grade runs.

My son is 7 and still a bit shaky riding his ginormous mountain bike (he's a big lad so had to go straight from small bmx to big bike) but he had huge fun trying out these little courses. And more to the point so did I! He controlled his speed well and only had one tumble on some rocks that I had felt a little unsafe on myself, but he picked himself up and attacked the next loops so good on him!

The last loop was the best fun, with three bumps in the middle to get some air on.

They have a visitor centre back at the start so you can get ice-cream etc. and a kids play area, so all in all it was a top day even with the grey clouds and rain threatening.

On the other side of the A43 is Wakerly Woods which I have walked through before, apparently there's a red route there so we will try that next time.

Cheers!

Comments

• Can anyone please confirm what the ground is like on both the Blue & Red routes after all the recent rainfall.