Healey nab Rivington

Andykerr
Andykerr Posts: 36
edited July 2012 in Routes
hi guys
just wanted to know how many colour coded routes there are?. And how long these routes are? thinking of going up this weekend are next.Not been up there yet sounds interesting though.

Comments

• bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    One red and one black. Red takes around 2mins from trail head to the bottom. Black is short maybe a 30 second thrill. Its good for the space available. But its much better to combine with a longer ride round Rivington.
    I ride over from Horrocks fold to the masts down Georges lane and from the pigeon tower and head over to the nab.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    the area is small but the layout of the trail is clever.. i not been for well over a year, but i am guesssing with all this rain we been having it will be very wet and sloppy in there..
  • Andykerr
    Andykerr Posts: 36
    sounds good defo going to include it in a route around rivi. Thinking of combining haigh hall some good little routes through there, then go along the canal and come off near Anglezarke reservoir.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    One red and one black. Red takes around 2mins from trail head to the bottom.

I'd say its longer than that, then there's the trail back up.

You must be a good rider
    :lol:
  • Bigchris
    Bigchris Posts: 131
    compo wrote:
    One red and one black. Red takes around 2mins from trail head to the bottom.

I'd say its longer than that, then there's the trail back up.

You must be a good rider
    :lol:
    I agree, its proberly more like 10-15 minutes for the red, the uphill towards the end takes a good few minutes on its own. The black is quite short. Is there Not 2 reds aswell?

Its a good blast though, I spent a few hours there not too long ago, got to it from Chorley train station which was very simple, took 10 minutes. The only thing though is when I was there, On parts of the red there was a coupl berms dug up with stones scattered everywere. That was about 5 weeks ago though may be ok now.
  • compo
    Well the weather hadn't helped it
  • jakjtb
    jakjtb Posts: 111
    can we organise a trip out to these trails? we missed them out last time and i want that nice blast down them!
    i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington
  • compo
    Yeah sounds like a plan

When are you(s) free?