Cube ltd comp

Poppysdad
Poppysdad Posts: 25
edited July 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi all great forum! I've been mountain biking for about 6 months now . I have a cube ltd comp which I use for getting to work and trail riding at weekends .I've not tried anything too testing but would you recommend any useful upgrades cheers Rob.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What bits let you down?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Poppysdad
    Nothing wrong with it it's great. Is it worth buying lighter wheels etc etc . Cheers Rob
  • First of all I would change the tyres - I have a Cube and the Rapid Robs are terrible.
    (I assume that you have already changed the pedals.)
    Other than that I would keep everything until it breaks.
    (Unless I had money burning a hole in my pocket - then I would buy some Rebas.) :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Changing those Robs for some folding Ralphs or Nobby Nics if you want chunkier grips will save just as much weight as putting light wheels and cost a whole lot less. I did that and saved around 200-250g per tyre. And that's on top of the better gripping compound

Other than that, wait until stuff goes wrong unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I had a Cube Ltd Pro as my first mtb back in Austria a few years ago. The thing was marvelous. The build quality on the frame for that price was very good, with a decent spec, and not much needing to be changed other than small bits and bobs to make it either a bit blingier, or to make things more comfortable (i.e. a new saddle). I would really only change the tyres, but then again different tyres for different types of terrain if you need to change.

As people say, buy the main parts as they wear out as spunking out on new mechs or other parts may not offer much benefit other than "looking better". Have you switched the pedals out?
  • Poppysdad
    Thanks guys not changed pedals . Will change my tyres . As I say I love the bike. Cheers Rob.
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    If its great, do nothing!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Poppysdad
    Could you suggest some good pedals cheers all Rob
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Wellgo MG1.
    End of thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools